skymama

Hurricane Katrina

Sigh...I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. :S

South Fl is going to get the brunt of it, but I think the majority of the state is going to get soaked this weekend.

I'd suggest we all get together for stupid skydiver games at a dz, but that tends to be the times when most people get hurt! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Move to Colorado. Sure we get snow, but that's when I get the board out and go play in it.

Sorry, my bad! But there are other things that can be done in the snow.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

LOL...it was a fluke! I shouldn't have gone snowboarding on ice for my first time! That accident is always going to come back to haunt me, isn't it? :ph34r:
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Just another reason to come to Colorado and try snowboarding here. Get back on the board and show him who is boss.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm just wondering when I can get back.

I'm supposed to fly back to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday morning and somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

***Come to Andrews NC. this weekend for skydiving and white water rafting

Come on Skymama, batten down the hatches and come play with us. Pleeeeeaaasseeee?

Seriously, I wish you and everyone else the best. I live in Pensacola and I am fed up with Hurricanes and TS's. We might get it after it goes through you.[:/] When the going gets tough the normal people go skydiving!

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Come on Skymama, batten down the hatches and come play with us. Pleeeeeaaasseeee?

Aw, you guys are sweet. I've never gotten a pleeeeeeaaaseee before!

My rig is in pieces and I'm still paying off bills from my European jaunt, so there's no fun for me yet. I'm hoping to be back in the sky in a month or so.

Y'all have fun now, you hear? ;)

I'm just wondering when I can get back.

I'm supposed to fly back to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday morning and somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Winds and rain are already increasing. The news is saying that tonight thru Friday night will be the worst of it for our area, so you might be stuck until Saturday. But things can change. In West Palm, seems like the concern is moreso about flooding and tornados.

I saw the subjects and thought

TS Katrina.... this is goign to be pictures of some transexual

Well I do think she likes girls:ph34r:. I was in Deland last year when Charley went from the track towards Tampa then changed direction towards Deland..then back in Mobile with my parents when Ivan came up Mobile Bay:S I starting to wonder....:|

It's already windy up here too and we're not even in the direct path. A weather report just said it is 273 miles wide and building. They're predicting it will be classified as a hurricane by this afternoon.

Jib, they've already closed the port in Lauderdale. I'm thinking you should just hang tight where you're at tomorrow.

Could be a long weekend in Florida.
People on the East coast should keep their heads down on Friday, and the folks like me on the west coast of florida, looks like Saturday will be the "fun" day.

Cory I hope that by the time Katrina makes landfall over here that she loses all of her strength to even make it over there to the warm Gulf...that is my hope and prayer anyway.
I just hope we don't lose power here since I'd like to spend the time indoors being productive.
Have you seen the long lines at the gas stations, stations running out of gas, and the heightened emotions..people at the pumps yelling at each other? It's crazy.

Katee is Hurricane bait! :PRunaway, Runaway!:)Hey Goodlookin, u can come on up play with us if you want to. I promise not to make you laugh or snicker... I promise!... Okay, I'll try not o.... Alright I'm lying..I can't help but have fun with you! Miss you girl. :);):D:D:D
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Katee is Hurricane bait! :PRunaway, Runaway!:)Hey Goodlookin, u can come on up play with us if you want to. I promise not to make you laugh or snicker... I promise!... Okay, I'll try not o.... Alright I'm lying..I can't help but have fun with you! Miss you girl. :);):D:D:D

My mom asked me this morning if I could get on the road and head back home and then she retracted the offer since it's likely that Katrina will move to the west coast and up thru the Gulf. She didn't want me to jinx them like I did with Ivan:D Miss you too..CYa Soon:)

The surfers sure are loving the early stages of the storm, but it's giving the coast guard and life guards fits.

Jumping in South Florida this weekend could make for some "interesting" spotting.
Too bad I'll be working :S
I haven't seen the lines at the gas station, etc.... but people yelling at each other for no good reason, being rude in traffic......... what's new with that???
God Bless America!!!!! ;)
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Well, the picture that was posted to the thread earlier shows it off your coast at 2 am Sunday. With the feeder bands, you may still be getting wind and rain. Even if it is clear, it will probably be pretty sloshy in the landing area. Wear your old shoes!