Rantoul Aircraft No-Shows?

The B-17 also wasn't there this year. it was late but the DC-3 made it. Kirlin got the news helicopter to fly jumpers on weds.

FYI, the FAA pulled the B-17 on us, and everyone else. NO ONE is allowed to jump it, period. Has to do with its' classification....

RevJim, thanks for covering for me! You're doing a great job, next year PR!
Anyone, only one correction, the B24 is no longer available for jumping.
The B17 WILL be back next year, they just had a Convention of War Birds in Pennsylvannia this year, that would have added 30 GRAND to the cost of bringing them to the WFFC. Didn't have any idea how to make up 30 thousand dollars in only one day of jumping, but if any of you have any ideas, let me know!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Nice, Beth....

Wow, seems like everyone had it wrong at the convention though.... All I heard was 17, 17, 17... We knew the 24 was pulled like last year, didn't we? :S
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

The B17 WILL be back next year, they just had a Convention of War Birds in Pennsylvannia this year, that would have added 30 GRAND to the cost of bringing them to the WFFC. Didn't have any idea how to make up 30 thousand dollars in only one day of jumping, but if any of you have any ideas, let me know!

Ok get the who warbird squadron to do a mass BOMB RUN drop.. I bet a FEW people would show up for that..:)
HELL I might even show up in that CORN INFESTED part of the world for that.

I went out right after you two BM's on load 2; it was kind of funny watching you guys trying to figure out your exit strategy and then when Rev motioned to go, you had that look on your face like, "Who, me?"

david
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I went out right after you two BM's on load 2; it was kind of funny watching you guys trying to figure out your exit strategy and then when Rev motioned to go, you had that look on your face like, "Who, me?"

david

Bwahaha! Yea, I called that the "deer caught in the headlights" exit. ;):D
It's your life, live it!

david

ha, yeah that's probably right. Wasn't sure how it would be with the rear stabilizer being low, but worked out well. --duck and cover -- :D.
At least it was 'free' air conditioning on the way up. good break from the hot day:)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

FAA pulled the B-17 on us

I'd say if you got it in your log book this year, you're going to be among an elite few...

Quick Correction-the B-24 was pulled by the FAA (experimental) The B-17 is still legal. I had dinner with the crew in Indy a few days before the convention and they hated not being there but it's not possible to schedule it every year. It should be back next year. The Carvair was one for the log book and I even got it signed off by the jumpmaster (the one that gave us a good spot):)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

FAA pulled the B-17 on us

I'd say if you got it in your log book this year, you're going to be among an elite few...

Quick Correction-the B-24 was pulled by the FAA (experimental) The B-17 is still legal. I had dinner with the crew in Indy a few days before the convention and they hated not being there but it's not possible to schedule it every year. It should be back next year. The Carvair was one for the log book and I even got it signed off by the jumpmaster (the one that gave us a good spot):)

Mmmm, it WAS me that signed, was it not? :D

Yes, I'm sorry 'bout the confusion, it was the 24 that was pulled...

Carvair, I really do hope Fat Annie comes back next year, but I really don't think she will...:(
It's your life, live it!

I was afraid to jump the Carvair.

OK, that's the first time I've heard that. May I ask why?

dont see why either. It was a nice relaxing ride to altitude, good escape from the heat too

Brrrr, I'm shivering thinking about that ride, but I have to tell you, for 45 minutes to an hour, I had the best seat at the convention!

p.s. I'm still looking for someone with video/stills of me sitting in the door, from those later flights, or the in-flight-repair from the maiden voyage....
It's your life, live it!