boinky

A Scorpion Update

Just when I was starting to relax, I guess Scorpio's brother Scar starting missing him and came looking for him tonight. I happily helped him find him by squishing HIM into smithereens and sending him to scorpion heaven, too. :) :)
I am NOT finding them amusing at all. >:(
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I just found their sister Scorpiana right next to my bed, just where I would put my foot down to step. >:(

I squished her with a chair leg and sent her to visit her brothers. :)
Nina

you should just capture them and store them in a jar

:o Oh I SO don't think so. :o

If you want the little bastards in a jar, [B]YOU come and do it. Me? I'm just going to squish their freakin' guts out.

Don't want them to have a chance to get pissed off at me for capturing them. They might get together and form a gang and stage a jail break. Then they'll come and hunt me down for revenge. I'm sure you've heard of the Scorpion gangs? ;)
Nina

Oh a happier note, did I mention the cute little gecko that was up at the ceiling in the bathroom at about 2 a.m. this morning?

Now HIM, I would've liked to have put into a cage and made a pet...but he needed to be free. Maybe he'll scare the scorpions away.

I've heard he is good luck. :)
Nina

So how the hell do all these scorpions get into the houses so easily? Is pest control really that lax around the perimeter of the house? I hardly see anything in my house, except for the odd roach or spider, and a copperhead just outside my front door, but I'm in Alabama, not Texas...

Well Nina, I guess by now you know to cautiously check most places for these scorpions. Hey, how about black light tracks around the perimeter of each room? Flip the switch on before you go into a room and bingo, you see the glowing dots... :P maybe not...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What type of scorpions do you have in Texas, big black ones or the little tan ones? I use a pair of long handled needle nose pliers to get rid of them here at the lake. If you toss them in the water alive the fish are all over them. I wouldn't want to try to put one on the hook though. I got stung by a bark scorpion 2 summers ago and it was like someone was holding a lit cigarette against my finger for hours. On top of that it seemed to give me a "buzz" of sorts. The finger that got stung was numb on the end for a couple of months after. All in all it was a very bad experience. Do you have pets or children?
James

a scorpion in texas? where do you live boinky? i remember shakin my roller skates being routine when i lived in san antonio, but never found any. i haven't seen any in houston. remember, i met ya in houston a hwile back:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

i see how it is.. scorpions no, geckos yes

Lessee...

Scorpios=Brown ugly things with little sharp pointy things that can make me numb. Not scared of me at all.

Geckos=Cute little white spotted things that stay up on the ceiling and don't have any way to bring any bodily injury to me.

Yup...you're right. Scorpions no, geckos yes! ;)
Nina

Guess what, Heidi? I moved right here to College Station so I could jump at Aggieland! YAY!!!! :)
Little brown scorpions. I don't care how big or little they are. They still have stingers and hurt poor little Boinky. :(

I don't like roaches either, but they can't hurt. Just freaky little creatures. Ever tried to microwave one? They just won't freakin' die.....
Nina

LOL. Yeah, nice friendly creatures there in the East....:S

But there's something to be said about Texas, too. When he's home, it has Mike in it. :$ Makes the scorpions almost tolerable....:)
Nina