JustaBill

In the event of a tie in MLB....

one game playoff, just like the Yanks and Mariners in 1995

Actually the M's had to win the one game playoff against the Angels to get to the Yankees in the ALDS.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Forgive me, I'm 50, and my memory isn't what it used to be!

No problem, it's just we Mariners fans (even those who adopted the team well after 1995) have been thoroughly steeped in the Legend of 1995!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Aahh, but this fallacy assumes that I hate the Yankees for the reasons you describe, which is not true. I don't have any problem with a team spending more money to win. I don't have any problem with a team winning because they use this strategy. I just hate em just because they're from New York.:S

Anyway, I do respect the Yankee tradition and their winning organization. I just hope they lose all the time. My favorite teams are the Dodgers and whoever is playing the Yankees/Mets.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

root for the Yanks or leave the country

I don't root for the Yankees, nor do I root against them. The only reason I root for the Yankees come playoffs is the fact that my Angels are the only team that consistently beats the Yankees. Remember how those Angels bats lit up the Yanks a couple of years ago?

Sure, the Angels aren't what they were a couple of years ago - they are nowhere near as scrappy. But I look forward to seeing them make their way up into the playoffs and getting another World Series for us.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

As a Mariner's fan....ahh, the 1995 playoffs were sweet indeed. ;)

Blues,
Dave

Hey, the year the Angels won it, the Cubs and the Red Sox were doing well. I saw the possibility of the Red Sox, Angels or Cubs winning a World Series as a sign of the impending Armageddon. No way it could be allowed to happen.

I guess it's just the Cubs.

And you can't just look at the playoff game. Look at what the Mariners did to get there. The Angels blew a fucking 13 game lead over the Mariners in 6 weeks.

I'm a Raider fan, an Angels fan and a LA Kings fan. Life has not been easy for this last 20 years, okay?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Aahh, but this fallacy assumes that I hate the Yankees for the reasons you describe, which is not true. I don't have any problem with a team spending more money to win. I don't have any problem with a team winning because they use this strategy. I just hate em just because they're from New York.:S

Anyway, I do respect the Yankee tradition and their winning organization. I just hope they lose all the time. My favorite teams are the Dodgers and whoever is playing the Yankees/Mets.

Blues,
Nathan

You're right, this does assume that you hate the Yankees for these reasons. His point was that most people hate the Yankees for this reason. Not that everyone hates the Yankees for this reason. You can go ahead and hate the Yankees because their from NY, that doesn't bother me. People who bother me are people who hate the Yankees because they "pay their players so much money..."

FUCK THE YANKEES AND FUCK STEINBRENER!!

Chuck

Well, the Sox did beat the Yankees last night to pull even with 2 games to go. B| This is gonna be one hell of a 2 game series to determine the winner. And just think, the loser may not even make the playoffs, depending on how the Central division plays out.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Must be 'old-timers' disease.

Dont worry Ill be your eyes pops.

Billy- DAMN I wish I had cable.... :( theres not much in this world that turns me on :| besides looking at a good rw jump, watching my team win has to be #1. sighhhhh.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Yes the Yankees did lose last night. and they will again tonight! And Cleveland is a game back right now. WHEN the Yankees lose tonight and Cleveland wins then the Yankees definitely dont make the playoffs.

There fixed it for you :D
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this