thegreekone

did anybody see the PBS doc on Bob Dylan?

It was so interesting and I was surprised just how visceral it was. It was pretty cool. Not only was he a true genius, it allowed you to see just how influential he was and continues to be.

The other thing that hit home was that if you TRY to be cool, you can forget about BEING cool.

O.K. I'll try to help you out, here. I didn't see the PBS documentary on Dylan. I've been listening to and collecting his music since 1963. The man is amazing. There is a DVD out about his life in music. The guy has a great wit. A bit on the 'dry' side yet funny as hell. He can play the hell out of a guitar, too.
Also, you're right. for BF, it might be better if you left-out words like 'documentary' 'PBS', you know... anything that might hint at 'class'!:D

Chuck

Yep.

Scorcese has done a fine job documenting not only BZ, but also the climate, both political and musical, that influenced him and the changes he manifested.

Can't wait to catch the second part tomorrow night.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

But then you don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you've helped keep quality television on the air!

Besides, Best Buy sucks. Try returning something there sometime... they're good at giving you the run around.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

But then you don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you've helped keep quality television on the air!

Besides, Best Buy sucks. Try returning something there sometime... they're good at giving you the run around.

Well, it's a kinda give and take. I got satellite t.v. and had to give-up PBS. I do miss Austin City Limits, though.
With Best buy, I've never had a problem returning anything. As long as I had the reciept. Maybe, it's a regional thing or managers?

Chuck

I only caught a little of it, but it was amazing to see the change in just a few years from baby faced kid to frizzy haired rock god.

Also amazing how him picking up an electric guitar and playing with Bloomfield and the blues band could totally freak out an audience!

If not for Dylan, the Beatles would have just sung silly love songs and never reached the heights of RubberSoul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers....Dylan brought a real rebel poetry into rock music. Good that Scorsese gave us that look back at those times.

marc (a true child of the sixties!)

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Holy crap this was good! I recorded the rebroadcast last night and just watched it tonight.

Seriously, folks, even if you're not a major Dylan fan, this is a great documentary. I was mesmerized.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke