alanab

computer help... service pac 2

ok, so i had installed it a long time ago only to realize it somehow disables my usb ports, which in turn made my mouse unusable. so, i had to manuver around my pc with the keyboard to uninstall sp2. once i did that, it was fine!
anyways, my brother was over the other day fixing up my computer and he reinstalled sp2 again. he just told me to get a different mouse. so i did just so i can use my computer. now that its a few days later, i am realizing that i cant use my printer because its usb, i cant update my ipod and most importantly, i cant upload my digital photos from my camera... all because they are usb!

wtf!?!?>:(
can i have sp2 installed and somehow get my usb ports to work again? my brother won't help me anymore, so if anyone knows what the problem is... please help!

Try this. It will probably be your simplest solution, and least expensive in the long run. No computer tech skills required.:)

Watch this all the way to the end - Apple users will love it.

http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

When I first installed SP2 it messed my computer so bad I had to do a clean reinstall. Then waited till this year sometime when they came out with a new BIOS update which allowed me to install SP2. Was nervous while installing, but it worked fine.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

dude, that was funny as hell... i worked cable internet tech support for a couple months earlier this year and well, e didn't put them on hold like that, but the rest of it was exactly like what we sounded like when we were on break talking about customers that had called in.....