skysurfcam

CASA cancels AD/PARA/18 (Vigil)

http://www.casa.gov.au/airworth/airwd/ADfiles/equip/para/PARA-018.pdf

COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA (Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998), PART 39 - 107
CIVIL AVIATION SAFETY AUTHORITY
SCHEDULE OF AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVES
AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVE
On the effective date specified below, and for the reasons set out in the background section, the CASA delegate whose signature appears below revokes
Airworthiness Directive AD/PARA/18.
Parachute Equipment
AD/PARA/18 VIGIL Parachute Automatic Activation Device 8/2008
TX
Requirement: CANCELLED.
This AD is cancelled on 13 June 2008.
Background: This AD was raised against French DGAC AD UF-2008-005. CASA has cancelled
this AD because it is confusing and the French DGAC is not the Airworthiness
Authority responsible for the affected parachute automatic activation device. The
Belgian authority has not issued an equivalent AD.
David Villiers
Delegate of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
12 June 2008

Brother Wayward's rule of the day...
"Never ever ever go skydiving without going parachuting immediately afterwards."
100% PURE ADRENALENS

I am confused:

"This AD was raised against French DGAC AD UF-2008-005. CASA has cancelled this AD because it is confusing and the French DGAC is not the Airworthiness Authority responsible for the affected parachute automatic activation device. The Belgian authority has not issued an equivalent AD"

They don't like the Vigial becuase they are confused ???
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I am confused:

"This AD was raised against French DGAC AD UF-2008-005. CASA has cancelled the French DGAC AD UF-2008-005 because it is confusing and the French DGAC is not the Airworthiness Authority responsible for the affected parachute automatic activation device. The Belgian authority has not issued an equivalent AD"

Is my edit to your text less confusing?

Jurgen

They don't like the Vigial becuase they are confused ???

Actually, if I understand correctly, quite the opposite.

CASA issued an airworthiness directive questioning the reliability of the Vigil shortly after the French issued a similar directive. It was based on the French statements. This statement cancels that airworthiness directive. Effectively, they are saying that they no longer have any reason to believe there is a reliability problem with the Vigil.