erikzero

JUMP PRICES

As far as I know the jump prices at my home dz (which I have missed) have not gone up. Then again, Skydive the Farm is catered to everyone , not just tandems. Im sure they are taking a hit, however I dont know how they make a profit anyways. They will send up a lightly loaded plane more then any DZ I have visted, they feed us on the weekends and spoil us rotten. We even get monthly all you can jump for 129.... cant beat that
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Are you watching the pump price and the bulk price for the cost of Jet-A and AvGas or just what you put in your car? Airports that typically have DZs don't get new tankers in twice a week like gas stations, and they have to make up their price for the next tanker truck in with the fuel they have now. So its typically not a DZ trying to get the jumpers in the pocket book, the DZOs are generally smarter then that, its just simple economics.

Oh, JetA goes up in price in the winter when a lot of the refineries switch over to heating fuel production.

You know, usually its the opposite end for DZOs, they're trying to keep their prices too low and loosing their shirt doing it. If lift tickets actually kept up with inflation and everything else we would be paying around $45 a jump.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you havent seen the prices go up because we had a supply, and because it takes longer for jeta to rise and fall like the gas you pump in your car.

i think things will be a little more costly next year. but it will still be cheap at the farm campared.

greg will always spoil us. with food.

hans will always spoil us with cheap jump tickets..

No worries man, I bet there are a lot of jumpers who wonder the same thing.

I would recommend chatting (if possible) with your DZO to understand the break down of the economics of running a DZ. It will definately open a lot of eyes and cause people to respect how little our sport costs compared to what it should and could cost. (This suggestion is directed towards anyone and everyone, not just erikzero, since I think it would benifit anyone who doesn't know the details).:)

your girlfirend works at hooters?! Nice!

please post directions to that hooters

Yeah, just don't tell my wife!:D:P

(check out James McMurtry, its a really fun song lyric from one of his songs).

Alot of the smaller DZs and maybe the bigger DZs could learn alot from the farm. Even if they raise prices, we will still get our food , and we will still sometimes be on the major light load that no one is awake for that I wouldnt doubt they LOSE money on. We will have fair jump ticket costs. ETC ETC... I was at a dz that refused to do a hop and pop unless I wanted to do it from 14000 grand, even if I paid full jump ticket prices for it. The farm is the perfect DZ.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this