skymama

New Holiday?

There were Christmas decorations out before Halloween had even come and gone, now its really really bad. Would it really hurt anyone if the decorations stayed down until Thanksgiving?

Of course, I noticed this summer while walking around the local mall that the Hallmark store had Christmas orniments out for sale in July.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think Christmas decorations shouldn't be put up until December hits but they do have to sell them a little earlier in the stores so people can plan out their whole design of what they want to do.

Hallmark always does that with their ornaments, they have an ornament club and people get really into their Hallmark ornaments. We have a whole bunch. If you get one, you have to save the box with the price tag on, it increases the value!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you get one, you have to save the box with the price tag on, it increases the value!

I could really care less, I'd rather have those goofy looking orninments that kids make for their parents at church/school/wherever all over the tree with just some lights. It means more. Those expensive decorations don't mean anything to me and cheapens Christmas, IMO. But that's just me, YMMV.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Our local council had christmas street decoration lights up 2 weeks ago :S

their excuse was it gave their employees time to deal with other items >:( yeh like sitting in council vans till clock off time reading the paper or sleeping

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I'll start putting up my Christmas decorations probably this week. Mostly the inside and outside lights. Then in the next 2 weeks, I'll strat putting up the bigger stuff. But none of it gets lit up till Thanksgiving night.
It was something of a tradition with our Thanksgivings- we would go up to my Uncle's house, and then when we got home, our local Hardware store would be all lit up. So I have carried the tradition to my house.
The other reason I start so early- I have no time. So it's a little bit here, and a little there. Whenever I get a spare second.
But lighting up before Thanksgiving, thats just wrong. ;)

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Ok, if you have so much that it's hard to get done in one weekend, then you're excused. ;) You have to post a picture of it now though, I love Christmas decorations!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, one part of my decorations has not been put up for 3 years. I have a split level house, and I want to get lights up on the highest peak, but I'm not that great at roof walking (especially that close to the edge) and I can't find anyone that has a ladder tall enough.
But I'll post pictures for you when it's all done.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I think Christmas decorations shouldn't be put up until December hits but they do have to sell them a little earlier in the stores so people can plan out their whole design of what they want to do.

Humbug!
I hate the holidays almost as much as summer heat and humidity.
They cant end soon enough for me :S
__

My mighty steed

I stick to the rules for X-mas decorations that my parents had cause they make sense.

Day/weekend after Thanksgiving decorations go up.
Day/weekend after New Years decorations go down.

Although, since I'm changing my decorations to an aviation theme I have already started to buy a few ornements when I find them. Just the other day I got a scooby-doo express airplane ornement. :D
Fly it like you stole it!

Humbug!
They cant end soon enough for me

Well, damn! What happened, did you not get the GI Joe that you wanted one year?

Humbug!
They cant end soon enough for me

Well, damn! What happened, did you not get the GI Joe that you wanted one year?

you damn right. I cant stand this time of year. the constant advertising, and marketing crap. Ugh.

Mind you I have fond memories of thanksgiving and Christmas. I still celebrate each, just in a non-traditional way. i refuse to buy-in(pun intended) to the current manifestation of these holidays.

I am very excited about getting together with friends and family during those days, catching-up, reminising, and making plans for the future. Which, for me, is what its all about.:)
As far as the cartoon is concerned:
Can you imagine the BOOGIE associated with it? OMG, a boogie of SDA halloween proportion for two months. I'd fall over dead! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865