"I didn't go to the WFFC this year because..."

I went to SDC instead and did 2-plane shots all weekend for $15 a jump.

If you're going to throw out prices, Professor, make sure you quantify HOW you got those prices.

You and I both know that if I, or anyone else from the convention, were to walk into SDC and manifest a few jumps, it's NOT going to be $15 a jump. At least NOT on a weekend.

IIRC, it's $20 a standard lift, $15 on Wednesdays, $17 if you prepay 50, and $15 if you prepay 100, and they must be used in one season... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Oh, and as far as your grounds bashing, speak about what you see. They were quite clean this year. In fact, clean enough that I didn't really need to do much at all. There was a GREAT crew this year. Too bad most skydivers aren't like you and I though....we wouldn't even NEED a crew. I mean, c'mon, how hard is it to actually HIT the garbage cans?

I do agree though, we need more available watering stations.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

IIRC, it's $20 a standard lift, $15 on Wednesdays, $17 if you prepay 50, and $15 if you prepay 100, and they must be used in one season... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Actually SDC was offering discounted jump tickets during summerfest. They were $19 instead of $20. May only be a buck, but if you stayed all week and made lotsa jumps, that buck added up to big savings.

And in response to the "zoo factor." I have been to the previous 3 rantouls and there IS a zoo factor.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I don't disagree, sunny! That was actually 2 bucks less than Rantoul. But 2 bucks cheaper for real is a bunch different than the 6 bucks cheaper the Professor alluded to, and wasn't Summerfest the week before the WFFC? That means he was obviously using his block tix. In all honesty, I wish I lived closer to SDC. I'd be buying blocks too!
It's your life, live it!

I don't disagree, sunny! That was actually 2 bucks less than Rantoul. But 2 bucks cheaper for real is a bunch different than the 6 bucks cheaper the Professor alluded to, and wasn't Summerfest the week before the WFFC? That means he was obviously using his block tix. In all honesty, I wish I lived closer to SDC. I'd be buying blocks too!

I was just mentioning that at least summefest offered discount tickets. I do agree that the professor should've clariified he had a special price ticket. (And i'll punish him accordingly) ;).

I do wish you'd get your ass back to SDC sometime so we can redo our last special 2way. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

To anyone who stayed away because they did not feel comfortable with pulling between 2,000 and 3,000 ft - thanks. I applaud your decision to jump within your comfort zone. It makes you safer and it keeps others safe from you.

There are many types of skydiving choices. Disciplines, group sizes, canopy sizes, traffic volume. Opening altitude is another one.

However, I also do not expect other jumpers to conform their boogie experience to the limitations of a few. There will be another year.

If people aren't happy with 40 other people in the landing pattern, there is plenty of alternate landing areas When I see landing issues, I am the guy in the landing area who is addressing that issue also.

People who expect perfection, of their own definition, will always be disappointed because it isn't all about them.

I have never been to a boogie that did not involve partying to the wee hours by someone. If someone finds that place, say hi to my mom.

I found WFFC this year to have a clear definition of the landing direction. (A big-ass arrow which some unbelievably ignored.) It actually got quieter, earlier (through no fault of mine). Everyone I know had a great time.

I'd like a water fountain near manifest though.
:)

(And i'll punish him accordingly) ;).

Good! Wait, he'll like that too much... :D

I do wish you'd get your ass back to SDC sometime so we can redo our last special 2way. :)

Darlin, there is never a last. Well, at least not as long as I'm still around... We're always just planning the next one!

I Looooove our special two ways! :$:)
It's your life, live it!

Lack of funds.

Needed a break form WFFC after 7 straight.

Lack of funds.

No motor home.:(

Lack of funds.

Had the granddaughters for a week before they headed back to school.

Lack of funds.

Uncurrent as all getout.

Did I mention -- lack of funds?

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

To anyone who stayed away because they did not feel comfortable with pulling between 2,000 and 3,000 ft - thanks.

OK, one more time folks:

You can "pull" at whatever altitude you wish as long as you have a fully open canopy no higher than 3000 feet.

)
just not comfortable opening at or below 3K
this attitude, in a nutshell, is why i stayed away.
geesusfuck......3000' ??????

OK, one more time:

You can "pull" at whatever altitude you wish as long as you have a fully open canopy no higher than 3000 feet.

)

OK, one more time:

Bozo's on your side here, Gary. His comment is more like mine.... 3000? Shit, there's still time to turn points!

he's just not too well practiced on the quote and reply buttons. :D
It's your life, live it!

Bozo's on your side here, Gary. His comment is more like mine.... 3000? Shit, there's still time to turn points!

he's just not too well practiced on the quote and reply buttons. :D

I remember one load from Mullins King Air on an overcast day with the ceiling at 2500 feet. We were sitting around all day waiting for it to clear, then Mike gets on the PA system announcing a load of hop and pops. We scrambled to get in line at manifest. Of course, we were only going to 2500 feet but a hop and pop then was better than no jump. As it was, it only took two minutes to get to jump run. :S :ph34r: What I saw was the first group of up-jumpers pull a 7 way chunk out the door at 2500 feet! :o They all pulled low... :S but no cypres fires...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How the heck do you pull a 7 way chunk off MM's King Air? 4, easy. 5, getting rough, but 7?

I've actually done it once. You need a bunch of shit hot jumpers to do it successfully... You also need a pretty strong set of engines, in MM's case, 750 hp each, although at the time we did it, he had the 680 hp engines.

We hung 5 out with all facing in the wind, and #6 (the smallest jumper) right in the door facing out and crouched down, with #7 (me) reaching over her with a grip on the chest strap of the guy calling the count. We held it together, and I thought it was so damn cool... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How much is a block at WFFC then?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

J: Why can't they do a daily rate or visitor rate or something like that?
P: Did someone tell you the WFFC didn't?

Misinformation about the WFFC abounds.

Gary,

Are you saying that there is a daily skydiver rate / visitor rate for the WFFC available?

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

J: Why can't they do a daily rate or visitor rate or something like that?
P: Did someone tell you the WFFC didn't?

Misinformation about the WFFC abounds.

Gary,

Are you saying that there is a daily skydiver rate / visitor rate for the WFFC available?

mh

I know at least one skydiver that DID get a day band. He was only going to be there one day, and paid for one day. He did end up coming back later though, and got a standard band. pM chilirelleno here for more detail.
It's your life, live it!

)
---------------------------------------------------------

bozo

thats absolutly rediculous you are all perfectly safe pullint at 3 grand or below the uspa guidelines bottem out at 2 grand and you surely don,t want to be pulling above 3,ooo and haveing people go past ypu in freefall . you have plenty of time to react to a problem and save your ass at 2 grand till 3 grand . my usual pull altitude as well as most of us that have been jumping a few years has always been in the neighberhood of 2grand and i feel perfectly safe so to pull at 3 grand is very safe and like i said pulling at 4 or so can be dangerous no matter where you are jumping at unless every body on the load is freeflying and pulling above 4 . just my thoughts on the matter and i must remark that if you use a reason like that you are really missing out on a really fun time for no good reason at all .hope to see you all there next year i have not missed a convention since 1985 freak brother #10 in freeport all of the quincy and all at rantoul it is really a fun time and one you should not miss .just my thoughts on the matter .muff muff muff
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates