ccowden

Weekend Numbers needs a revamp.

I don't see the problem here. I think your post was condescending, much like you think that posting humps is childish. This a two-way thing. Think about it.

Hopefully you don't think everyone who posts hump numbers IS childish, much like I don't think you ARE condescending.

I just think the whole thing is stupid the way it is now.

If that's how you feel, wouldn't it just be easier to ignore it?

Some people obviously have fun with it; who are you to spoil it for them? You don't have to participate, but what you're saying is that because you don't like it, no one should participate.

Right to swing stops at end of nose. Looks to me like you need to work on your aim.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

If that's how you feel, wouldn't it just be easier to ignore it?

If that is the case then why have categories for anything? Just lump all together and you can "just ignore" what you want to?***

I think it would be nice to have a category that you can read about peoples jump experiences without having to know about their personal life. What would be wrong with that?

If you have a separate category I don't have to ignore anything and they can post until their batteries die!:P
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

These responses amaze me. All the Bonfire is are posts that express opinions and about this and that. I express my opinion on this topic and all of a sudden I am a jerk for saying something. I am not "spoiling anyone's fun." I started a whole new thread to state my opinion. I didn't go into the Weekend Numbers thread to do it.

God forbid somone speaks out against the beloved Weekend Numbers thread! What is this world coming to?!

I obviously struck a nerve with some people. So be it, I'm a jerk for speaking my opinion. I never attacked anyone personally. But if you want to attack me instead of just respond with YOUR opinion on the matter, than have at it.

I agree with Mike that it would be nice to have a Weekend Numbers thread to read and post about jump experiences. I just thought it would be better to leave the "I got laid stuff" out, as I don't see how it pertains.

I agree with Mike that it would be nice to have a Weekend Numbers thread to read and post about jump experiences. I just thought it would be better to leave the "I got laid stuff" out, as I don't see how it pertains.

I guess because this is Bonfire, and most threads are either directly or indirectly about sex, who's having sex, who's not having sex, who has a crush on who, who's having sex with who, who's having sex with sheep, who showed their boobies at a boogie, who's posted pictures of their boobies online, who wants to have sex with who, who's posted pictures of their cock, who wants everyone to know they're single and available, who wants to see how many people they can shock or impress with their sexual openness, who can use the largest number of different topics to flirt, who can get the most attention, and who has the skill to redirect attention to themselves because someone else is getting more attention.

The Weekend numbers thread is a microcosm of Bonfire. If it were just about the jumps, maybe it should be in General Skydiving.

Maybe so, but I can't post my opinion about it in General Skydiving. That is why I posted it here. It isn't worth it though.

Sorry, Chris, I wasn't saying your opinion belonged there. Just that if we want to redirect the purpose of the thread, it belongs in General. It would get moderated to Bonfire pretty quickly if people didn't just post about the jumps.

No, no, I understand what you were saying. Didn't feel that way at all. I was just saying why I expressed my opinion here.

I am like alot of people and don't check the other forums as much because there are many more posts here, so I like the fact that we can have a thread like Weekend Numbers here.

Guess I just can't expect things to be too serious in the Bonfire. Not that I did, I post as much crap as the next person, I just mean that I guess you are right about maybe starting a serious Weekend numbers thread in General.

Just wanted to briefly explain what caused me to go off in the way I did. I took the thread personally, based totally on its timing (which I've been assured that it wasn't).

Chris and I are cool. You guys know how this shit just gets out of hand sometimes, right? ;)

I guess because this is Bonfire, and most threads are either directly or indirectly about sex, who's having sex, who's not having sex, who has a crush on who, who's having sex with who, who's having sex with sheep, who showed their boobies at a boogie, who's posted pictures of their boobies online, who wants to have sex with who, who's posted pictures of their cock, who wants everyone to know they're single and available, who wants to see how many people they can shock or impress with their sexual openness, who can use the largest number of different topics to flirt, who can get the most attention, and who has the skill to redirect attention to themselves because someone else is getting more attention.

Succinctly and aptly stated. And also the reason I don't bother writing my stories anymore...or even bother to be in here much at all.

And for the record, Ccowden, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

God forbid somone speaks out against the beloved Weekend Numbers thread! What is this world coming to?!

Pot-stirrer. :P

Y'all aren't going to make me work on a Sunday evening, are you? I just poured my first glass of wine and am ready to relax!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The truth is that I completely agree with Chris' original post. I like that he spoke up and began a thread about it. Having individual/independent thought is very cool.

I agree. It's no big deal to me to change it, I never filled in that number anyway.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon