happythoughts

horror movies

Dead Alive .... Pete Jacksons movie about the sumatran rat monkey?

Awesome movie. I wonder if most people know about this and Meet the Feebles.

Pete Jackson, I think thats him, but I barely remember a rat monkey. Damn its been a long time since ive seen that flick. ill have to watch it again soon.

and belive it or not, ill bet theres a few on here that know it.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It was with the zombies, had some really funny gore gimmicks in it. set in new zealand.

that sound right, but wasnt there a crazy lawn mower too?
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It was with the zombies, had some really funny gore gimmicks in it. set in new zealand.

You mean The Lawnmower Man? Now that was a weird movie! :S :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You mean The Lawnmower Man? Now that was a weird movie! :S :D

No, crazy lawnmower, not crazy storyline! :D
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I had no idea Jackson did Meet the Feebles! That's just crazy. For thos ethat don't know, the Feebles are like the Muppets on heroin, with herpes and a shiv made from a nail and some duct tape. Its frikken hilarious. I fyou havent seen them, check it out. You'll see why I'm so amazed that Peter Jackson was involved.

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

Maybe you didnt see Bad Taste or Braindead (Dead Alive) if the Feebles were a shock :) Although I think Feebles wins on the tasteless scale even when matched up against A.I.D.S, vomit drinking, pus custard eating and putting a baby in a duffel bag before beating it against a swingset (indestructable zombie baby, but a baby nonetheless.)

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I haven't seen either of those, but I just called Hastings to make sure they had a few copies! I'll be filling my brain ("mmmmmm...braaainnsss.....use your brains to help us! Your delicious braaaaiiins.") with much zombie madness tonight!

Edit: Just wanted to add that my favorite line from any zombie movie ever was in Rerturn of the Living Dead 2. After killing and devouring the bumblefuck police that showed up to investigate, a surprisingly clever zombie gets on the radio and tell sthe dispatcher "Send more cops" its not funny unless you imagine it spoken by a zombie. "SseeND mOoorRRRrE coooooPppPpPsssss." something like that.

Has anyone seen "Shaun of the Dead"? I almost rented that, but since I haven't actually seen any of Romero's movies, I was wondering if I should watch some of those first.

I thought it was great for a laugh!:D
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The original Dawn of the Dead without a doubt. It is the gold standard for all previous and future zombie movies.

Hmm Prep work for Shawn of the Dead......

1. Night of, Dawn of, Day of the Dead
2. Dead Alive and Reanimator (for a little light hearted stuff)
3. Zombie 2. The Beyond.
4. Argentos Night of the Demons, possibly his cut of Dawn too. Evil Dead 1 + 2 (burn and then piss on ED 3)
5. Dawn remake, 28 Days later. (the modern stuff)

That pretty much covers the basics.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

One of my all time favorite Horror films is The Wicker Man, with Edward Woodward..... a real spine tingler... go Holywood special effects, just plain imagination... excellent film

Wow, I can't believe anybody has actually seen th Wicker Man. Absolute classic. I saw it on TV late one night/early one morning and bought it the next day. Like he said, no special effects, no immortal franchise killer, no stupid holywood cliches. just a really creepy story, great acting and an ending that will knock your socks clean off. Seriously, my jaw was on the floor for about twenty minutes after it ended, I had goose bumps and still cant sit in a wicker chair without giggling like a motard.