hungarianchick

Have you ever had...

We had a deep fryer for just that. We used peanut oil. It tatse great, but after a while it is a pain. I mean how long do you store the oil in the pot? After you decide to toss it ... where? Its a lot of oil. So I prefer my turkey cooked that way, but I want someone else to do it, so I don't have to clean up. ;)

steveOrino

It is AWESOME!

I have had a couple cooked that way.

There will be a couple of ladies at Z-Hills doing it this year. I had somme with them about 2 or 3 yrs ago.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

We had a deep fryer for just that. We used peanut oil. It tatse great, but after a while it is a pain. I mean how long do you store the oil in the pot? After you decide to toss it ... where? Its a lot of oil. So I prefer my turkey cooked that way, but I want someone else to do it, so I don't have to clean up. ;)

We used to fry ours and as for clean up and disposal of the used oil. We did it out in the country and would have a bonfire that evening. Nothing starts a fire like some used cooking oil :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Deap fried turkey is so good and juicy!

I also love smoked turkey. You marinate it in brine for 3 days or so and then smoke it at a really low heat for 8 or so hours and it comes out super juicy and tender. It melts in your mouth.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I mean how long do you store the oil in the pot? After you decide to toss it ... where?

Make BioDiesel out of it. :)

actually BioDiesel is made typically from Soybeans or Corn.

Using cooking oil in a converted diesel is what youre thinking of.

Very few engines in the world are rated or mfg approved for 100% biodiesel.

Fried turkey? yummie. a wild turkey will have even better flavor than a store bought one.:)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It looks like we will be doing a smoked bird this year at my BF restaurant. Can't wait!

Smoked turkey is the rival to fried turkey. Especially if youve got a top notch smoker. it takes sooo much longer, but dayum it can be tasty!
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Peanut oil CAN be used to make biodiesel, however they generally avoid using it for allergenic reasons.

Almost all modern automotive diesel engines can run 100% biodiesel with little or no modification. Some diesel fuel systems have several elastomer components in their fuel hoses and fuel pump gasket seals that may need to be replaced to run 100% biodiesel.
www.biodiesel.org

Actually, last year, there were 16 houses destroyed by fires started by deep frying turkey. One of them was a fire station.;)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It looks like we will be doing a smoked bird this year at my BF restaurant. Can't wait!

Smoked turkey is the rival to fried turkey. Especially if youve got a top notch smoker. it takes sooo much longer, but dayum it can be tasty!

We have a smallish smoker at the restaurant and a 20 lb bird. It certainly will be interesting...

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Peanut oil CAN be used to make biodiesel, however they generally avoid using it for allergenic reasons.

Almost all modern automotive diesel engines can run 100% biodiesel with little or no modification. Some diesel fuel systems have several elastomer components in their fuel hoses and fuel pump gasket seals that may need to be replaced to run 100% biodiesel.
www.biodiesel.org

the only engines I know of (in the ag industry) that are allowed to run 100% biodiesel are solely mechanical injection. We hope to support 100% in our Tier II engies in the near future.
but as Tier II and Tier III engines come into play, specifically Tier III common rail injection systems, the fuel pump mfgs wont support it for lack of lubrication that is required to run those type of pressures. Bosch is one of them.

But now were completely off the subject! :D:o
Mohoso Rodriguez #865