j0nes

Funny names

I once knew of a family called the Buttlands. Even though they were a lovely and quite professionally accomplished family, the name always secretly sent my family into chuckles. :D I also went to middle and high school with a boy named Guy Purse. Once, a substitute teacher accidentally called him Gay Purse, while taking role call. (He didn't live that one down very easily!)

My younger brother told me that when he lived on campus at his U.C. college, he knew of roommates, that had been placed in the same dorm room, whose names were Yoo and Mi (spelling?) pronounced you and me. There were several of those types of odd dorm roommate name situations, which made people wonder if the odd name pairings had been done on purpose.

We had a realtor back home that that was the broker for a firm.

his name was Dick Longing. No, really.

You can google it and it comes up! :D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

When I was working in ultrasound, one of the patients was a Mrs. Case. She said she was gonna name her son Justin. I laughed and told her that's a good one. "Just in Case" Apparently, she hadn't thought of that and started crying.[:/]

I knew a woman whose maiden name was Eckleberry and she married a guy named Bush, thus Eckleberry-Bush.

Interestingly, we had girls with the last names of "Bush" and "Beaver" as homecoming princesses when I was a seniro in high school.

There was a Captain America running around Ft. Know when I was there.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ima Hogg and the Hogg family are big names in Houston - wealthy philanthropists or something...

I've heard a story over the years about the two Hogg sisters... Ima and Ura. Any truth to that? Was it just Ima?
Thanks!

Chuck

Never heard of Ura - methinks that story just spun off of the real Ima as a joke. I mean, really, WHY would anyone with that family name christen their daughter Ima?

Thank you Rebecca! I just thought, since you live in the Houston area, you would more than likely know. I always took that story, tongue in cheek and with a bit O' salt. Then too, you never know about some folks sense of humor.:D

Chuck

my boss, her first name is seven. she's not the seventh child, and her two other siblings have normal names... no idea why her parents named her seven. it was way before seinfeld, btw...

in college, i knew a Rusty Wrench and a Glory Alleluia Right. Also, there was a girl in college from Corpus Christi... Her name, no shit, was Christi Corpus.

one other one... there's a long-haired attorney here in nashville... real southerner... his name: Sumter Camp.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

There was a co-worker at my old job named E. Pluribus Unum Ford, I shit you not. E. is not an initial. His formal name is just that. Black guy...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I knew a guy whose first name (given by his parents)was Dirt

Another guy had the name Cheyenne. It was his family's last name,...they just never gave him a first name.

Art techer in high school was William Williams.

And then there is the guy who invented and patented ground effects who legally changed his name ,in the past couple of years, to "They". Of course it was not his given name, but did become his legal name.