j0nes

Tandem students

Are they really "students" if they're only making one jump?

If so, does that make me a roller coaster student when I ride one of them?

Do you think they might learn a thing or two? I'd say they'd have to TRY to not be a student, technically.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

They still have to go through a class before jumping.

There are certain things they must know before jumping. That could technically make them a student.

Not to mention we are not for certain whihc on'e shall return for more jumps.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Should it be 'tandem passenger' ?

I agree with you..... or just plain tandem.

Just plain tandem, could refer to the harness-container, main and reserve, incl. the 'student' harness. Tandem can also refer to the type of jump to be made, other than static-line. I would have to agree with those here that said the person doing the 'tandem' jump with a tandem instructor would be the 'student'. In the fact that they are 'learning' a form of skydive/parachute jump. To me, that would put them in the category of 'student'. :)

Chuck

I would have to agree with those here that said the person doing the 'tandem' jump with a tandem instructor would be the 'student'.

Alternately, 'tandem master' and 'tandem meat'. :D

Blues,
Dave

I guess, that would apply if they are just 'along for the ride'. ie... 'warm body':D

Chuck

If they're not students, I wouldn't consider myself an instructor. I don't take Tandem Passengers, they're all students as far as I'm concerned. I instruct them at whatever level they feel comfortable with, including everything that's going on under parachute (unless it's really scary ) :S
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

If they're not students, I wouldn't consider myself an instructor. I don't take Tandem Passengers, they're all students as far as I'm concerned. I instruct them at whatever level they feel comfortable with, including everything that's going on under parachute (unless it's really scary ) :S

How 'bout calling the person attached to the tandem instructor/master by their first name? Seems it could get confusing if you have 10 - 12 folks lined-up to make a tandem jump.:D

Chuck

I don't take Tandem Passengers, they're all students as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for saying that before I had to.

This has been discussed many times of course, but for all of you who may not have thought about it for a while,

Start thinking "entertainment tax".

If I were you I would call it "instruction", unless you are interested in having some government agency start wanting to collect it.

carnival ride = entertainment

instruction = maybe not
(at least you have an argument against it)