headoverheels

Christmas lights

My family is coming here, from all over the U.S., for Thanksgiving. Since we won't be together for Christmas we'll be celebrating that holiday here this week as well.

Should I put up the Christmas lights before Thursday?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

One of my biggest pet peeves is ANYTHING Christmas before Thanksiving.

Ever since I was little I have always believed that we should not be allowed to celebrate Christmas until Santa Clause appears at the end of the Macy's Thanskgiving Day Parade:D

*daizey*

egads. don't mean to be a scrooge or anything, but i've never been one for the excessiveness of lights and all that... just seems so... so... ostentatious? no, maybe not... but shit, I'd hate to be their neighbor... all the traffic that comes through, the distraction of the lights blinking... ugh.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Christmas lights before Tday annoy me. Excessive lights annoy me. But the most annoying thing ever is those stupid blow up decorations.

What's a blow up decoration?

edited to add:
Just did a google on "inflatable christmas decorations" and found, among the many hits, this one. I have to agree, they are kind of cheesy looking. Maybe they are for the pink flamingo lawn thingy crowd.

Walt

Do people actually buy those things?

I pass by a house every day on my way to work and they have a big inflatable turkey. It's been there since right after halloween and i hate it. Why won't someone shoot it already?!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

here I thought you were gonna post a bj pic... silly sinker.

Nah, haven't given one for a few weeks now.

is it true what they say, that it's like riding a bike, no matter how long it's been, you never forget how?

Do people actually buy those things?

I pass by a house every day on my way to work and they have a big inflatable turkey. It's been there since right after halloween and i hate it. Why won't someone shoot it already?!

gimme the addy... i'll take care of it.

I noticed you show a link to K-mart. Well sweetie, even the white trash want to put some decorations out too

Well they can display their KFC Nascar collector chicken buckets or something....:D:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Whoever came up with that must be some sort of really disturbed genius!

I wonder if it was the guy that does the stage lighting for the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

That was the best Christmas lights display ever! And I'm glad that you pointed out who the music was from, because I really liked that too... and am now listening to some of their other stuff (though so far I am thinking that they should stick to instrumental music).

I THINK I agree with you....That was one of the most amazing light shows I've ever seen. I wonder...was the music [B]WITH[/B] the lighting or what?

I used to do my yard in even more lights than that. I had arch lights all around the perimeter of the yard. All around the roof, down the sides of the house, around each door of the 2 car garage, all over the porch, steps, front door, arch window, etc. I also had pvc pipes put together and running across the double drive in 4 separate arches, with lights on each of them. It was GREAT!!!

Plus, I had all those "tacky" inflatable blow up things, plastic light up figures, nativity scene, spiral christmas trees, ball lights, snowflakes...and anything else that was new and exciting and lit up.

There was a big Christmas tree in the front window, full of blinky lights and candles in every other window in the house.

Sadly, the Christmas spirit fled my family and no one would help me decorate any more...and the tradition fell to the wayside.

If I had my own place this Christmas, I might decorate it, just to entertain you all!

You all might consider me weird as hell...some people like me that way. And no matter....it made me happy. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? Making people happy? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

If I had my own place this Christmas, I might decorate it, just to entertain you all!

That would be kind of cool.

You all might consider me weird as hell...some people like me that way.

Nope, "weird" rarely crosses my mind when thinking about dz.commers. I prefer "unique and interesting".

And no matter....it made me happy. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? Making people happy? :)

I'm not sure what Christmas is all about but happiness is always a good thing and I appreciate the people who try and make it happen.

Got some pics of your creative Christmas lighting?

Walt

Since I have recently moved, most of my pictures are still in storage, so sadly, I have no proof of my creativeness. ;)

Let me negotiate with the people I am currently renting from and peruse my budget. I will see if can afford a small light display. If so, I will make sure I post pics. >:(
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance