josheezammit

One Year Ago I thought......

A year ago today I thought... please let me still have this job in a year! I've been laid off twice in the past 3 years in a squishy job market. First time it took me 11 months to find work!

I still have this job! YAY!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

A year ago today I thought life was boring except for the mom part of me, figured I would still be in college working towards my zoology degree (going back soon I hope), March I made my "once in a lifetime tandem" and now I know its so much more... the only thing I have found that is bad in this sport is that nothing much else can compare to the thrill of a skydive...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Along those same lines....

A year ago today I thought "please let me NOT be working at this crappy place a year from now!"

Even though I am still working here at this moment, I just signed an offer for a new job starting in a couple weeks, so I did meet my goal by the end of year!! B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

A year ago, I was a contractor for the military, having just left one of the worst jobs I'd had in a great long while. I thought I would still be a contractor a year later, but my boss came to me one day and told me he had a GS-12 slot for me and would I be interested in it. I could have hugged him, but I thought that might be weird...so I hugged my chair instead...after he left. :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

where did you think you would be today a year ago? did you get there? or are you somewhere else?

A year ago I thought I'd never get that damned A license. Got it, and my C to boot.

I didn't think I'd actually be *working* for the company that my old employer was trying to buy software from, but things happen, and here I am spending a week on the east coast for training. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

One year ago today, I was having so much fun and living in the moment, that I wasnt really thinking about where I wanted to be today. But I never thought it was going to be this crappy. :S My car is unrepairably broke, and I dont have money to buy a new car, and I feel like a burden on everyone bumming rides. We were supposed to move into our brand new house this friday but the frickin survey company are incompetent ass holes and now we cant close because they havent done the survey. So we dont know when we are moving in now, and our house is packed up so we're living out of boxes, and that sucks. It's christmas season and I havent started shopping because I dont have a car and I dont have time because we are so busy doing house stuff. We are supposed to be having a small x-mas party/dinner for our close friends like we did last year, but now i'm not sure because we dont even know when we are moving in. I'm broke. We are stressed out. And I have had a headache that wont go away for like, 2 months. >:( I'd say we are somewhere else...

On a happy note though, Jason and I are still hapily together (over 2 years :$) we built a house together and even though it has been so stressfull that we would rather dunk our heads in boiling acid than do it again, it still has been exciting. I have the best friends in the world, I got a great new job, and I am loving skydiving more than ever. So, I guess even though I'm stressed out now, it will all be worth it in the end (i hope)

my body, my choice

A year ago today I was still homeless from hurricane Ivan, so at that time the main thing that I hoped for was to be moved back into my apartment. Well, things didn't quite work out that way but now I am in a different apartment that I love. I also have since then started a new job that hopefully has more possibilities then my old one. So, no I don't think that last year I could have guessed any of this. It has been a very good year!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I thought I'd be either working and getting ready to go back to A&M or going to school temporarily at Texas State. And I'm so so so happy I'm not at A&M now (I like to call it depressedville). I certainly didn't think I'd resign to going to Texas State or switch my major to art... Makes me wonder what the hell I'll be up to this time next year. Maybe I will be paralyzed and then Josh will have to take care of me. I'll get to have an electric chair and I'll throw things at him. I'll have twenty cats that will be my army and I'll scare little children away. Oh it shall be GLORIOUS!!!

Come with me my sexy little minion. We shall hold hands and ride bare-ass on rainbows.

A year ago today I was on a proverbial train track on a bridge, and I had just recentlyI seen a train coming at me. I thought I may have seen it too late to get out of the way, but tried. It was a lot of work and struggle to get out of the way of the impending and imminent personal disasters, but a year later the danger has passed and left me shaken and bruised, but otherwise a far better person.

Back then I felt like I could be where I am now. Objectively, though, I put the odds pretty low. Now I'm happy and doing a lot better. I'm glad I didn't get what I expected.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

where did you think you would be today a year ago? did you get there? or are you somewhere else?

Never thought I 'd have over 200 skydives with a Lutheran minister. :P:P:P;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

I thought I'd still be working my crappy job, living in my crappy apartment, and single.

NONE OF THE ABOVE are true! And I finally get to go back to school, which I've wanted to do since about a month after I graduated college the first time! :D Except for being BROKE AS A JOKE, life ROCKS right now! :)

A year ago, I was a contractor for the military, having just left one of the worst jobs I'd had in a great long while. I thought I would still be a contractor a year later, but my boss came to me one day and told me he had a GS-12 slot for me and would I be interested in it. I could have hugged him, but I thought that might be weird...so I hugged my chair instead...after he left. :D

GS-12 Sweet

I thought I would have bought a house in Tampa by now... Grrrr stupid winter.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192