Captain.Wade

Class "A"

I'm in college, and I'm sick of it! I Need to get away.
I have completed a few Tandems, and I am tired of just going along for the ride. I am ready to get my A license. But how?
I have seen a few DZ's that offer an entire program that will take you through the AFF and then up to the required 25, but, your looking at about 2500$ or more.
My question is, What is the best way to get started? should I do this program, or do I have other options? I have read damn near almost everything ever printed about the sport in general, I am addicted, and will be for the rest of my life. I am tired of watching, I am ready to "fly"

Thank you for direction

The other options are the Static Line/IAD program, and I believe some clubs offer a tandem progression. Depending on your skill level and profficiency, the cost would be about the same. I know my club offers a Solo certificate program, which is the pre-requisite for your CSPA 'A', for $1100 CAD. But if you have to repeat jumps, or don't stay current, it can be much more. You'll find arse-loads of threads on here arguing over which is better, but it all comes down to what is best for you.

Whatever method you choose, best of luck in your quest, and welcome to the sport!!! :D

Blue ones,

Skydude.

PULL!! or DIE!!

Not knowing your location we won't be able to give you a specific place to go.

We can offer some advice though on training techniques.

The "A" license requires 25 jumps minimum, no matter the training method, and that you already know.

AFF (pure) is the most expensive as it is a bit more involved for all parties.
IAF (Tandem and then AFF combined) comes in a little cheaper.
Both these methods start you on freefall from the first jump and for some that helps them to progress faster in the learning process.

Staticline and IAD (Instructor Assisted Deployment) are probably the least expensive. You do your first jump in these methods from a lower altitude and focus on the exit body position and then Canopy control, as the canopy is deploying as soon as you leave the plane. In these methods you work your way UP to what is typically called full freefall altitude.

All methods have the same requirements for skills to learn and build on, as well as to get a license, just a slightly different route to get there.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'm in college too, great thing to be able to jump to get away from classes and stress. Hell this past semester I made a couple of jumps right before my math final and ended up making an A on it :D

Don't know your financial situation, but if money is a problem I would suggest waiting until you are out of school, hard to stay current if you don't have the funds. Kinda goes with time management too, if your real busy with school stuff and can't manage it in I would wait. Just a couple of things I experienced when I started.

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

I did my A last year on a pay as you go, not as a package. As I had money I went. Each jump, depending on the number of instructors and phase, costs differently. I could not have done it if I had to plop down $2500 in one chunk. It worked for me, but I did some budget juggling, and once some friend begging.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

I'm in college, and I'm sick of it! I Need to get away.
I have completed a few Tandems, and I am tired of just going along for the ride. I am ready to get my A license. But how?
I have seen a few DZ's that offer an entire program that will take you through the AFF and then up to the required 25, but, your looking at about 2500$ or more.
My question is, What is the best way to get started? should I do this program, or do I have other options? I have read damn near almost everything ever printed a

Answer: finish college before you touch the crack
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I agree with all the finish school if you are strapped for cash replies. Hell even if you aren't leave it till your breaks. We refer to it as 'crack' for a reason. I fucked myself over real good last semester, which was the first semester after I started skydiving. I spent all my time at the DZ drinking and spending time with my new skydiving friends. Not that thats bad but I didn't do homework or study for tests because I was out at the DZ doing other shit and trying to get in as many jumps this year as I could. I'm not the rule but my point is it's easy to let the life style take over and have the rest of your life suffer because of it.

Take all this however you want to. I could be way off base. We may be very different. :P

Add me to the list: School first.

Or if you just can't wait, try:
http://skydivethefarm.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=199251&cid=32795&tc=06090221270912500&dynamic_proxy=0&primary_serv=skydivethefarm

Click on "Rates"
:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You left out gear rental for the 17 additional jumps

Round trip bus ticket from Louiseville, Ky to Lodi, CA - $256.00
Tandem jump - $100.00
Accelerated Training Program (7 jumps) - $1000.00
17 additional jumps @ $15.00/jump - $255.00
Camp at the dz - $0.00
Total - $1611.00
Receiving your A license during spring break - priceless!

http://www.parachutecenter.com/aff.htm