sid

A History of Violence

Holy Shit! Quite simply the best movie I've seen all year! Cronenberg at his best.......... This movie works on so many layers - just an awesome flick!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Thanks El Sid....I am a fan as well and I have to remind myself that it's out there. (weekdays are hard and the weekends are....well, you know)

I have always been a fan, but when he adapted The Naked Lunch and made an unadaptable novel work, well that is just damn impressive.

Saw this a while ago. Cool movie. Like the way they ended it. Some great directorial calls on what bits went in - I think those shots the audience really don't expect help make the movie what it is in many ways.

I"m a huge movie buff (geek?) and this is easily one of the best films I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's probably not in Oscar contention, but it damn well should be......
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

*bumpity-bump*

Saw HOV yesterday and was knocked out. Like Sid says, it works on many different levels. (FYI, DVD release is March 14th) Btw, I don't think Viggo Mortenson

I loved the ending and how he references (and ultimately rethinks) John Ford's "The Searchers". Pretty ballsy and way cool. A critic references Superman returning to Smallville but I think this is a false note given the political allegory and the critique of the Bush administration....IMHO.