j0nes

Postal Rate increase

I just give them the penny and let them keep the recipt too... Im in too much of a rush usually to care about little things like that ;)

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

A relative of mine works for the USPS, and they loathe the weeks after a rate increase. Angry, angry, angry people hollering about a couple pennies.

Interesting to note that the USPS is not a government agency like Homeland Security or the Department of Agriculture is. While I don't know the exact details, they do have to make money to operate, as they are run like a business.

Interesting to note that the USPS is not a government agency like Homeland Security or the Department of Agriculture is. While I don't know the exact details, they do have to make money to operate, as they are run like a business.

True that. USPS is a quasi-governmental independent establishment of the U.S. executive branch. I used to represent them and did all of their licensing and trademark work until they figured out that it would cost them less to handle things in-house. Although the public probably won't believe it, USPS management structure has really put their house in order during the past few years.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

A relative of mine works for the USPS, and they loathe the weeks after a rate increase. Angry, angry, angry people hollering about a couple pennies.

What people ought to do if they don't like the increase, just bring their jar of pennies and buy their stamps in bulk with the pennies. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The thing that really pisses me off is that I just bought a roll of the old stamps a few days ago. Now I will have to go buy those stuiped one cent stamps..>:(

Exactly why they don't announce these increases well in advance... >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The thing that really pisses me off is that I just bought a roll of the old stamps a few days ago. Now I will have to go buy those stuiped one cent stamps..>:(

HELLO! THEY DID: For the slow ones

They did, but I read newspapers and check out news on the internet, and this was pretty much buried under until this week... :|

They did, but I read newspapers and check out news on the internet, and this was pretty much buried under until this week... :|

No not really. There was a bunch of hype in congress about it WAY back in March too. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10975-2005Mar29.html

And on that note, I'd like to refer you all to the this thread: wha wha wha

Now stop crying, go get your God damned 1cent stamps and start mailing some shit. :P

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

No not really. There was a bunch of hype in congress about it WAY back in March too. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10975-2005Mar29.html

And on that note, I'd like to refer you all to the this thread: wha wha wha

Now stop crying, go get your God damned 1cent stamps and start mailing some shit. :P

It is every Americans duty to complain about the government, come on man get on the band wagon!!!;)
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

i'm not complaing about the increase..... just that it is 39 cents. why not just go to 40?

Shit while there at it just go 50...:S

I buy stamps in bulk so the 39 cent thing doesn't bother me it's the fact that I have to waste gas money buying more freaken stamps so I can use my old ones.

i'm not complaing about the increase..... just that it is 39 cents. why not just go to 40?

I buy stamps in bulk so the 39 cent thing doesn't bother me it's the fact that I have to waste gas money buying more freaken stamps so I can use my old ones.

Good freakin' God!: Gas Not Required

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Good freakin' God!: Gas Not Required

Are you in bed with the post office staff..:P

I'm taking this in another direction.

I don't like any increase in prices however, I don't complain about postage much because I still think is a bargain that I can put an envelope in my mailbox and send it anywhere in the US for just pennies and have it reach there almost always, in a very few days.

At the same time I recieve mail six days a week and only have to walk to the end of the driveway to get it.