freeflyflunky

Shayna Richardson

Okay - so I've been reading all the posts on Shayna and her incident, and I've had some thoughts on the subject, but I had no desire to waste my time posting....so why am I posting now?
Because she was just on a local (I'm in Omaha) radio show talking about her experience. Throughout most of the interview (the part that I heard anyway) I was actually very impressed with her. At the very end, however, she totally disappointed me. The two wahoos asked her "did you think about suing the skydiving place?" Instead of saying "no," or "I knew the risks," or "it was no one's fault but my own," or any number of other things, she just laughed for a second and talked about how panicked she was!

There are two dropzones that pull students from the Omaha metro area and the tone of interview after that point was incredibly negative towards skydiving. Shayna didn't do anything to correct the host's misconceptions about the incident - and she had plenty of opportunities to do so.

Maybe I'm just fuming in the moment - this probably isn't worth my time to post either...it's just that I wanted to reach through the radio and slap her! If you (Shayna) really plan on returning to the sport -- then please do as little as you can to damage it while you're out of it. I don't blame you for your accident - I applaud you for surviving. I don't blame you for the initial rush of media interest that followed your story - it was natural. But I do blame you for further courting that media attention and for not using your time in the limelight to do damage-control. Don't come on a radio station near MY dropzone and giggle about suing another dropzone for an incident that was not their fault.

Whew, okay... got that out of my system! Sorry for venting. :S:S

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.

First of all, it's nice to see a semi-local on here! I go to uni in Sioux City and jump in Luverne, MN. I'll prolly see you guys once the weather plays nice this spring!

That having been said, I wish I could have heard the interview, but if it wasn't live, I imagine they edited it to some extent, so that always allows them to make a different 'feel' to the interview... but on the other hand, from what I've read, seen, or heard in the way of interviews with her, she doesn't seem as concerned with not giving the sport a bad name as she does with getting donations to make up for her lack of personal responsibility.
cavete terrae.

People gossiping about others. I hate gossip.

And NO she is not skydiving in Elsinore right now. :|

Semantics aside, are you saying that he and Rick (the father-to-be/bf/fiance/whatever) are not "hanging out" there and Rick is skydiving? They haven't been there? They still could arrive, maybe this weekend?

Ummmm....So what if her bf and his buddy are skydiving somewhere?.... Come on - give her a break - talking about what she did right or wrong at the time is one thing.... but is really anyones business if her bf is at a dropzone???!!! [:/]

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!