Calvin19

Calvin and Hobbes, The Complete

Did anybody else pick the Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection up last month?
I have already read the 1400 pages twice...

My favs are:
Book II, page 75
Book II page 324, middle.

If not, you should really go pick it up.
By far the most realistic representation of childhood out there, and what i am named after.

"Aw mom, you act like im not even wearing a bungee cord!"

Did anybody else pick the Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection up last month?
I have already read the 1400 pages twice...

I have it, and every other Calvin and Hobbes book there is out there. B| Like my avatar? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In my first term of my first year at uni I discovered Calvin and Hobbes in the local Borders. I bought all the collecions they had there and then- I ended up with more Calvin and Hobbes than textbooks! (..might explain a few nicknames i had in the first year)

Did you know over in Norway they're called "Tommy og Tiggern" (Tiger) ? I always buy a copy on the way back at the airport, which would explain why i have only New Years editions and late summer ones.

("Fantomet" in Norway is pretty cool too)

I had hoped to get it for Christmas, but I was just bit naughty last year. :P

I nearly forgot that I want to pick this up. thanks for the reminder.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I used my favorite Calvin & Hobbes strip as a sig for quite some time:

Calvin: "Do you think our morality is defined by our actions or by what's in our hearts?"
Hobbes: "I think our actions *show* what is in our hearts."
Calvin: "I RESENT THAT!"

There was more insight and truth in that comic strip than any other I've ever read.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

There was more insight and truth in that comic strip than any other I've ever read.

rl

I agree. There was one strip where Calvin was asking Hobbes if he believed in the devil, an evil entity bent on man's downfall, and Hobbes says, "Frankly I don't think man needs the help."

Classic.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Here in Belgium Calvin is called "Casper", like my brother :D

I absolutely adore this comic, everything about it is great ! I like them better in English, because the jokes or the underlying meanings are often translated wrong in Dutch. So when I buy one of the albums, I always get them in English.

A couple I know that got married last year, even put them in their wedding booklet ! :)

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)