sioux

My apartment is haunted!

I am hating life so much right now.

First it was the mice in the ceiling and walls. I woke up to mice shit IN MY BED. Turns out they were actually scurrying in the ceiling of this renovated POS barn where I live and their droppings dropped on my head while I was asleep.

Then there was the laundry basket experience that makes me sound psycho, even though according to rl's test, I am not.

Now the apartment has been getting colder every single day, and my bedroom is 58 degrees (14 Celsius). You can almost see your breath in my room. Last night I slept on my sofa, as I expect I will tonight and tomorrow and until further notice.

Walking in my bedroom is like in the Exorcist, except I don't have a child that spews green goo.

I swear that this place is haunted. This all doesn't hold as much water without the laundry basket experience, but that one does make me sound a bit psycho. I just wish the ghosts had the decency to be quiet and take a cold room anywhere else except where I sleep.

>:(

I haven't seen such convoluted lines of conversation and such expert chronicling thereof since my days of all day bong marathons in college. ~ Lindercles

------------------------------------------------------------
Walking in my bedroom is like in the Exorcist, except I don't have a child that spews green goo.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Sioux,
you know that child was called Regan? [:/]

x
--------------------------------------

I would love a cat. I would train it to fix the heater since the "experts" can't seem to do it. Spring is coming and hopefully there are some farmers around here with some extras...

I haven't seen such convoluted lines of conversation and such expert chronicling thereof since my days of all day bong marathons in college. ~ Lindercles

Yes, I know, which is why you are not invited anywhere near my bedroom for a while ;)

(Not into green goo at the moment. Maybe once I get some sleep)

Now the apartment has been getting colder every single day, and my bedroom is 58 degrees (14 Celsius). You can almost see your breath in my room. Last night I slept on my sofa, as I expect I will tonight and tomorrow and until further notice.

I had this problem in my duplex until I figured out that the heat pump wasn't able to warm the air in the house when the outside air is very low... I now have a collection of space heaters throughout my place... and it's quite comfy.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You're right that there is certainly a connection to the outside temperature, but my problem is more related to an old floor-heating system and bad management by the rental agency.

I moved in here a year ago, and for various reasons have had only a handful of solid night's sleep.

I will buy space heaters tomorrow, but it makes me >:( since my apartment is very expensive and at the least I expect heating during winter.

Only because you asked ...

I woke up in the middle of the night (yes, sleeping alone, sadly) to what sounded like my laundry basket on fire. I didn't smell smoke, so I tried to go back to sleep. I've been dealing with a lot during the wee hours in my apartment, so fire with no smoke seemed like a reasonable reason to try to sleep.

The noise would not go away, and it was loud - like a fire. I know what you're thinking... "Is your laundry basket wicker? Did you have a humidifier on?" Yes. It is, and I did.

So ok. The basket is expanding and dancing to the humidifier. Then I sat up in bed and the noise stopped. It stopped. Fine. Fuck sleep. Something is in my laundry basket.

I got up and slowly touched the lid. Noise again. Now I am expecting a raccoon to be inside because it was not quiet. Slowly I opened the basket and removed every article. Nothing was in it and there was no evidence of mice or termites or any other living creature.

Then I turned the thing upside down. The noise of the fabric inside of the wicker made me scream like a 10-year old girl and grab the ceiling.

The laundry basket is now sitting in my cellar and now I can't sleep because it's too f-ing cold.

It's not my fault. I need a boyfriend [:/]

BTW, SpeedRacer, I was hoping for a cute kitty-cat in the laundry basket to keep me warm and protect me. But anyone who knows cats knows that it would have been sitting right in front of the basket watching it with big eyes and maybe a tail flicking behind it....

Ok, honestly, I thought about the clothes revolting and walking themselves to the washing machine, but they were not that dirty.

Oh, Fish, please come protect me from all the evils here!

Otherwise, just come keep me warm :)

You can eat them right out of the package, but they're better toasted.

I lived on those in grad school, and especially after water polo practice (blueberry only). Now I think they're kinda gross....

Do you have a toaster?

You can eat them right out of the package, but they're better toasted.

No they're not. Poptarts are best frosted and straight out of the package.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Frosted, definitely. I only had them toasted once or twice and thought.... ooohh... yummy. Otherwise I ate them out of the package sitting on a huge hardwood table, in the MIT library, after water polo practice and before my nap (on top of said table) :P