Laurel

Man busted in Calif. with billion dollar bills

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-03-15T012228Z_01_N14382747_RTRUKOC_0_US-BILLION.xml&archived=False

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The counterfeit money looked good, but there was one flaw. There's no such thing as a one billion dollar bill.

U.S. Customs agents in California said on Tuesday they had found 250 bogus billion dollar bills while investigating a man charged with currency smuggling.

Tekle Zigetta, 45, pleaded guilty to three federal counts of trying to bring cash, phony bills and a fake $100,000 gold certificate into the United States in January.

Further investigation led agents to a West Hollywood apartment where they found the stash of yellowing and wrinkled one billion dollar bills with an issue date of 1934 and bearing a picture of President Grover Cleveland.

"You would think the $1 billion denomination would be a giveaway that these notes are fake, but some people are still taken in," said James Todak, a secret services agent involved in the probe.

Seems like he got busted for other stuff .... but happened to have billion dollar bills. Can't see who in the world would accept that however.
This ad space for sale.

"Can't see who in the world would accept that however."

Yeah, I was imagining him be-bopping into the convenience store asking for change. :D
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Can't see who in the world would accept that however."

Yeah, I was imagining him be-bopping into the convenience store asking for change.

Are you kidding me? I broke one of those at Wal-Mart last week. But that me, my looks get me places. LOLB|
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

well bill cole, aka chuteless, thinks that 2006 is the year that the USA will cease to exist due to a massive nukyular attack. also Drosnan of Bible Codes fame, and a few others who think the shit will hit the fan in late May.

Of course there have been others that have predicted the end of the world in 1988. They are still considered "Experts" not because of their accuracy, but because of their seniority in Bible apocalypse prediction.

Psychics sited in the tabloids are given prestige based on the same criteria. You don't have to be accurate; you just have to be "well-established."
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------