SpeedRacer

Movie quotes:

FIGHT CLUB RULES!

"Bob had bitch tits." :D

I held off for a long time from watching it, because I thought it would just be all-violent (hadn't read the book either), but I finally broke down and watched it on DVD late last year after reading about 15pp of the script (I was studying how to write screenplays, and one of the books had an excerpt from Fight Club). It was even better than the script suggested it would be.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

"I was going to the worst place in the world, and I didn't even know it yet."

Nobody has tagged this one yet - is it just too easy?

oops - left off a letter "o" - edit.

"Holy Jesus! What are these god damned animals!"

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, isn't it? Great movie, but very easy to misunderstand.

How about this one;
"Is that cat dead?" "I don't know. I think it's asleep but it's been there for days."

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was going to the worst place in the world, and I didn't even know it yet."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody has tagged this one yet - is it just to easy?

Hmmm guess I'll take a crack and say Platoon.

Yep, it's one of my favorites. I wasn't actually playing guess the movie, that's my sig!

The reason that I like the movie so much is because my girlfriend's father looks just like De Niro in that movie - haircut, facial expressions, mannerisms...everything. It's freaky, really. Well, when I first met Howard (who's really an awesome guy), he had just driven straight through from Boston to Michigan and in Ohio managed to get both a speeding ticket and a flat tire. By the time I saw him, he wasn't in the best of spirits. I thought to myself, "Oh my God, it's Meet the Parents." My girlfriend didn't thinks so at first, but the more we watch that movie, the more she sees the similarity.

This became a running thing. I don't know whether Howard has seen the movie yet, but we did get him to quote that Nipple line in the middle of a restaurant once.

So back in January, Ali and I went through a bit of a rough spot which led to our breaking up for a couple of weeks. Since then, we've sort of patched things and have been working on ways of avoiding similar situations. After I saw Howard for the first time since the incident, Ali tells me that they were talking about me, and that Howard said (without even realizing it)that he likes me a lot, but that I'm not back in his circle of trust. Ali and her Mom lost it and laughed hysterically about that! I think it's pretty funny! :D
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

That's great. I think the movie's a classic because, although most dads are not that bad, every girl's father is exactly like that to a point, and I know guys HATE the idea of meeting my parents, especially my dad.
The good thing is that the guy I'm seeing now is, I think, more intimidating than my father. Not because he's bigger, but because he's tougher. They've only met once so far (I try to subject the guys to as little of my parents as possible at first!), but my father behaved pretty well and didn't try to play 20 questions or anything like that.
But yes, De Niro is the extreme of the typical fatherly attitude toward the man his daughter brings home. It's great!:D

Blondes do have more fun!

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, isn't it? Great movie, but very easy to misunderstand.

Yep, fear and loathing. I wouldn't know if it's any good, I've never made it to the end sober :P

Some people hate the english. Not me, they're just wankers. We, on the other hand, we're colonized by wankers.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

UHF RULES!!!

the director's commentary on the dvd is also pretty funny..

Holy shit! someone actually got that one! You get to drink from the FIREHOSE!!!:D

"Another glorious day in the corps. Every day in the corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade! I love the corps."

Ted

How about this one -

"Order in the court! Order in the goddamned court!"

Hint - comedy picture:D

Do whatever. Get a "yes" out of them. If you were drowning, and I threw you a life-jacket, would you take it? "Yes". Good, buy 200 shares, I won't let you down.

Boiler room?? Now I'm just guessing. Are A licenses really up in the 185,000's now? Or is that your USPA number?

"Brilliant! So now we got a Huge Guy theory and a Serial Crusher theory."

Ted

"Another glorious day in the corps. Every day in the corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade! I love the corps."

Taking a guess here, Full Metal Jacket?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

UHF RULES!!!

the director's commentary on the dvd is also pretty funny..

Holy shit! someone actually got that one! You get to drink from the FIREHOSE!!!:D

Aliens :)
Somebody wake up Hicks