love2flyhigh

Need a rigger

Ok I have V3 Micron with a pull out. I would like to fly a wing suit and want to know how to mod my rig so its like a pull out without putting spandex on the rig and poluting the look. I dont plan flying a wing suit most of the time however still want the ability to do so. Thanks for the help.

You will need a pocket, usually but not always those are spandex. Who cares about "polluting" the look, it's not that bad and it's safe :S

We have a few convertable rigs on my DZ, in fact mine is too, I jump it as a BOC all the time anyway. It's pretty hard to tell it was a pullout rig first.

Did you really buy a pullout just because it LOOKS NICE?

B|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Your options without adding a BOC pocket are going to be either jump it with the pull out system, or use a suit that has the BASE pocket.

If your jump numbers are accurate, I wouldn't worry about it much right now, by the time you're ready, you'll have friends rigs you can borrow or rent.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

When you convert from pullout to BOC, I asssume you have to use a different bridle/PC?

Dave

No.

On the system I used prior to going all pullout for wingsuits, the handle on the top of my PC was a small pud, and the pull out portion was removable as it was larks headed to the bridle.

Another side question then. How is it possible to have a pilotchute in tow or a horse shoe mal when the pilotchute is in the container with the Main. if the main comes out the pilot chute has to come out or vice versa. the premature deployment I can understand but the other two seem to be eliminated. You could have a PUD in tow but if that happens at least your not deploying your reserve through something that is large and hanging off your back.

A pilotchute can not have enough drag (uncollapsed, too large main, ...) to lift the bag out of the container even when the pin is gone already. Happened at our DZ a year or so back.

A horseshoe is any connection between you and the parachute besides your 3rings, you can still get the bridle wrapped around your arm or get your leg in the lines etc.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I wanted it more for the elimintation of the horseshoe, pilot shoe in tow, and pre mature deployment mals. But it does look alot better and its just one more upside.

I read or heard on a radio show, Bill Booth (maker of your rig) say - that the one thing he wished he could un-invent was a pullout - as it added, in his estimation, more risks than rewards.

But, your opinion may vary. I like consistency - so my BASE rigs and Skydiving rigs all match - BOC...

On the system I used prior to going all pullout for wingsuits, the handle on the top of my PC was a small pud, and the pull out portion was removable as it was larks headed to the bridle.

What kind of closing pin did it have? Straight pin is no good for a throwout and a curved pin is no good for a pullout, right?

Dave

Right.

For the most part the curved pin and the spandex/elastic pouchs have greatly reduced PC's in tow.

My DZ owner back in the 80's was not allowing throw out pilot chutes at his DZ. He wanted one reason it was better than a ripcord that was safety related, not looks or ease of packing. I told him that a PC developes 100lbs plus of force right? He agreed. I said there is no way I can generate a 100lbs of pull on a ripcord handle and cable going over my should. He said your right and started letting them on his DZ. This was still before the curved pin when were often using bights of the bridle through elastic loops.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I told him that a PC developes 100lbs plus of force right? He agreed. I said there is no way I can generate a 100lbs of pull on a ripcord handle and cable going over my should.

Good argument for throw out reserves (or better yet a pull out reserve).:)

I told him that a PC developes 100lbs plus of force right? He agreed. I said there is no way I can generate a 100lbs of pull on a ripcord handle and cable going over my should.

Good argument for throw out reserves (or better yet a pull out reserve).:)

don't you mean good argument for 5-22lbs pull on the reserve handle ? :)

There are good reasons that throw-out constitutes 95% of the market and pull-out only 5%.

I have made lots of money repacking reserves for skydivers who lost their grip on their pull-out or suffered a floating dildo.
For example, I watched one chick have two reserve rides - after suffering hard pulls on pull-outs - in the same day!

When was the last time you saw a pull-out on a student?
When was the last time you saw a pull-out on a BASE jump?
When is the last time you heard a wingsuit instructor reccommend a pull-out?

Sorry dude, but the market decided - decades ago - that throw-outs are more reliable than pull-outs.