NWFlyer

So Wrong on So Many Levels

Discuss.

Borderline NSFW.

For those who can't get to the link:

Britney’s Sculptural Birth
Posted by DAVID SCHMADER at 11:04 AM

For all those who’ve been waiting for a sculptural depiction of Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug, the wait is over.

Created by Daniel Edwards and sceduled for display next month at Brooklyn’s Capla Kesting Fine Art Gallery, Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston is being hyped as “the first Pro-Life monument to birth.”

In the words of the gallery: “Natural aspects of Spears’ pregnancy, like lactiferous breasts and protruding naval, compliment a posterior view that depicts widened hips for birthing and reveals the crowning of baby Sean’s head…The monument also acknowledges the pop-diva’s pin-up past by showing Spears seductively posed on all fours atop a bearskin rug with back arched, pelvis thrust upward, as she clutches the bear’s ears with ‘water-retentive’ hands.”

For full info on the exhibition, go here.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah. A rear view!

True.

Created by Daniel Edwards and sceduled for display next month at Brooklyn’s Capla Kesting Fine Art Gallery, Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston is being hyped as “the first Pro-Life monument to birth.”

The artistic vision behind it is not clear to me at all. At face value it seems ok, but the association with the "pro-life" crowd really loses me.

edited to add:
I don't see where using Brittney Spears as the inspiration is really relevant. That just seems like a publicity gimmick.

Walt

These people have just too much time and money. I don't really care if, Brittany Spears gives birth in the back of a pick-up! As for art? One word... cheesy! Anything to feed their starving egoes.

Chuck

I don't see that it's about feeding egos. Maybe it's about feeding political objectives, but I really don't see what political objective this is going to feed for the "pro-life" crowd.

Forget the association with Brittney Spears. I don't really care who the model/inspiration is. I can see a sculpture of childbirth being seen as a beautiful thing, but political? I'm not seeing anything political about it.

If it really is a likeness of Brittney Spears and she did not give permission, maybe there's a problem but to me the whole thing is just a big yawn.

Walt

ow!!! my eyes!!! my eyes!!!

dammit. how f*cked up do you have to be for THAT to be a good idea???

I wasn't suggesting that Brittany give birth in the back of a pick-up. What I was saying was... I just don't give a shit what she does! I just don't care! i know, that sounds pitiful but... I don't care.

Chuck

These people have just too much time and money. I don't really care if, Brittany Spears gives birth in the back of a pick-up! As for art? One word... cheesy! Anything to feed their starving egoes.

Chuck

I don't see that it's about feeding egos. Maybe it's about feeding political objectives, but I really don't see what political objective this is going to feed for the "pro-life" crowd.

Forget the association with Brittney Spears. I don't really care who the model/inspiration is. I can see a sculpture of childbirth being seen as a beautiful thing, but political? I'm not seeing anything political about it.

If it really is a likeness of Brittney Spears and she did not give permission, maybe there's a problem but to me the whole thing is just a big yawn.

Walt

I'm with you there, pal. I don't see the 'political connection', either. Besides, I think, the statue would show more practicality if she were squatting.

Chuck

C'mon, I can't be the only guy who thinks it's sorta hot. :$

Maybe with a rear view.

but just maybe.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

C'mon, I can't be the only guy who thinks it's sorta hot. :$

The description says that a baby's head is crowning so I'm thinking, no, not so hot.

But that's just me.

Walt

Cute!!! Is there little penis dents in the baby's head too?

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

The description says that a baby's head is crowning so I'm thinking, no, not so hot.

Walt -- I went straight to the centerfold without reading the article. Your observation made me completely lose interest... I'll just have to find something else to fantasize about.

Doug

Walt -- I went straight to the centerfold without reading the article. Your observation made me completely lose interest... I'll just have to find something else to fantasize about.

Doug

May I suggest any or all of the lovely ladies of dz.com.

Walt