bch7773

What does an Usher at a wedding do????

My sister is getting married this summer, and she wants me to be an usher. What does that mean I do? I've been to like 2 weddings in my life.

I don't have to do anything like the best man does, right? i.e. organize stuff, or pay for stuff, or give toasts.

oh and do I have to hang out with the groom or anything like that? He's a nice guy to my sister, but I think hes an asshole and he thinks the same of me. :|

MB 3528, RB 1182

Guest 1010
knock-up a bridesmaid ...

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Well, she is your sister, so maybe a toast would be in order.

No, you probably don't really have to do anything but smile and find a place to sit for the guests. You might be seated at the table for the wedding party at the reception. And then it's your call if you want to act like a gentleman or a jackass. Usually it is best take the high road in most business and social circumstances.

Being an usher at a wedding not too long ago, I had to seat people, light candles, put out candles and do the little "go fer" things they needed.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Guest 1010

Both Boinky and 1010 got it right....

:D:D

with a name like "Boinky" she could get a lot wrong ... and still be soooo right B|:D

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Brian:

You get to go out in the parking lot before the wedding with the other ushers, get your drink on, then walk all the people (make sure you end up with the hotties and not the grannies) to their seats. Then you get to use the fact that you were in the wedding to your advantage at the dance to reel in the ladies...

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

Brian:

You get to go out in the parking lot before the wedding with the other ushers, get your drink on, then walk all the people (make sure you end up with the hotties and not the grannies) to their seats. Then you get to use the fact that you were in the wedding to your advantage at the dance to reel in the ladies...

Do not listen to this guy - he obviously doesn't understand that if you're cool and charming to the grannies, you do *much* better with the hotties.:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke