mmytacism

Wow! Microsoft actually created something cool! (This is better than Google Earth)

Okay, so I've been wasting the last three hours at work playing with this Virtual Earth site:

http://local.live.com

It's a bit slower than Google Earth, but the imagery for many addresses seems to be more detailed.

And...the best part is the "birdseye view" for many large cities. I can actually see my dad's car parked in front of his house in Philadelphia.

I looked up a few drop zones, but they only have satellite images. But check out the colorful birdseye view for Skyventure Orlando:

clicky

If you scroll south, you can actually see the Disney water parks and people riding the water slides!

SOOO cool. Yeah, I'm easily entertained, especially at work.

Post birdseye views of your drop zones if they're in big cities!

Not bad. However, seeing that its still beta I can understand some of the limitations. As far as I can tell, it only covers the USA. The Orlando pictures appear to be aerial photographs and not sattelite imagery which means the coverage can be even more limited than Sat imagery found on GE. Case in point, Raeford, NC only comes up as the typical MS Streets and trips maps and in GE it comes up in Sat imagery. If they improve their coverage and imagery library I think it could be a very useful tool. Hopefully they continue to improve on it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

the other aerials are the same as GE but without the same level of detail.

Not true at all man, see my post. :P

Sorry dude, maybe the photos for the Keys are different, but the shots I've looked at (both of my home area & areas in Asia I've been) are exactly the same. Right down to the same cloud cover.

Orlando was bloody quiet when that pic was taken, the week I spen there, it was near gridlock all day every day and virtualy no one is at the tunnel:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?