GiaKrembs

Quidam, Cirque Du Soleil

I've been stewing on this show... finally broke down today and got the tickets. 2nd row from the stage!!! B|

That rocks! I've been wanting to see KA for a while.

:)
g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

I took the kids to Verekai and they loved it. They wanted to see Delerium too, but like you said, the tickets are so expensive! Let me know how it is!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've seen a lot of shows and Cirque du Soleil is my absolute favorite. I've seen Allegria, Quidam, and Corteo. Paid through the ass for tickets for two of them. I have never seen any show that I love more than Cirque du Soleil. I went to Australia last summer and my sister surprised me with Quidam tickets, needless to say, it was the best vacation ever.

It's probably the only show I'll pay a million dollars per ticket.

edited to add: I have Varekai and Dralion on DVD. I just LOVE it!!!

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

I took the kids to Verekai and they loved it. They wanted to see Delerium too, but like you said, the tickets are so expensive! Let me know how it is!

It was amazing! Although a little frustrating for about the first 30 minutes because I couldn't find the common thread between the sets. Once I got it though, I got it!
The stage was long and narrow, and they played to both sides of the arena. There was also a lot of use of video. Large, sheer screens were drawn across the stage so you could see video images as well as the performers on the stage in between the screens.
As usual, I'm blown away by the creativity put in to these shows. The vocals, music, dance, acrobatics.. all of it was amazing. Totally worth the money, in my opinion. :)

WOOHOO, I can't wait... only 9 more days! B|

g

Did you ever find a date? :)

I should know within today, latest Saturday whether the person can make it... ;)

g

I know you're going to see Quidam, but heres what I was talking about in Delerium with the video images.
In the first picture, its pretty obvious that the woman is a video image. the man suspended from the ball is inside the stage, as well as the vocalist below the woman's head.
In the second photo, the hands are a projected image as well.. but the man suspended from the ball is in the stage.

God I love CDS... the visual dramatics are so captivating.

I'm even more excited now!!! :)
Thanks for sharing the pics!