sdub2221

Canopy searching

I am pretty new to skydiving, but I have started getting somewhat bored with the boat I have been flying (falcon-195). Its slow, not responsive at all. I test jumped a Pilot 168 yesterday, and was amazed at the difference. I think I could have had a better experience with it, but it was freakin' cold and I pulled at 7 grand, and didn't exactly dress properly. I had fun, but my mind was more focused on how bad my hands and face hurt. Anyways, what I am wondering is, what other canopies should I check out before purchase time. I am looking for a responsive canopy, good glide ratio, pleasant openings. All of these things I noticed while jumping the pilot, but I just would like some advice before I go and drop a couple grand on a canopy.

Personally I jump the Safire 2. I love this canopy. Exactly what you are looking for and so is the Pilot. Pretty similar canopies and they are both much lighter toggle pressure than the Sabre 2 that is in the same class.

Whatever you do dont spend a couple of grand on a canopy. Square1.com is usually the place that has the good prices that other people need to beat.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If you really want something good for you: demo /borrow everything you can get your hands on. Get some 10-15 jumps on each and dress accordingly to the weather :D

If you just want a quick fix, take what most people use, it's usually a good compromise ;)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

Im pretty sure I wouldn't be disappointed with a pilot at all, I just wanna make sure, as well as test other "like" canopies just to see how they fly, and who knows I may change my mind once I get the chance to start jumping other stuff. Although I have to say, seein that brand new bitch out of the bag and puttin the first jump on it was pretty coolB|