ripcord4

Phantom 24 reserve

My old Paragear catalog shows a 26 LoPo as having a pack volume of 482 cu. in. A Phantom 24 is listed at 315 cu. in. Thats a huge difference. There is a Kevlar modification to the lower lateral band that should be done prior to jumping it though, and it will add some bulk to the canopy. I doubt it will add enough to make up the difference.

There is a Kevlar modification to the lower lateral band that should be done prior to jumping it though, and it will add some bulk to the canopy. I doubt it will add enough to make up the difference.

Upper lateral band and crown band, actually. The bulletin for the mandatory modification came out in '88, so I'd hope all affected canopies have been fixed or retired by now. You're right, though: the additional tape didn't add much bulk.

Mark

I have had a national 28' in a 24' chest, it fit about but not quite as good as the original 24' canopy. I dont think a national 24' would bulk out the pack well. Also I believe the maximum suspended weight on an old national 24' is pretty light to be jumping surplus sport stuff with it.

This may be a good place to ask also....does anybody know where I can get a copy of manufacturers/dom/ser #'s that apply to the acid mesh service bulletin, I had it compiled somewhere now I cant find it anywhere.

I have had a national 28' in a 24' chest, it fit about but not quite as good as the original 24' canopy. I dont think a national 24' would bulk out the pack well. Also I believe the maximum suspended weight on an old national 24' is pretty light to be jumping surplus sport stuff with it.

This may be a good place to ask also....does anybody know where I can get a copy of manufacturers/dom/ser #'s that apply to the acid mesh service bulletin, I had it compiled somewhere now I cant find it anywhere.

FWIW my Phantom 24 says Max Gross Weight 188lbs and then has a chart that drops that weight as it increases the speed

Hi AMT,

Do you want it for the National products or the AD for the Security SAC canopy?

For National, just contact them in New Jersey.

I may have a copy of the AD on the SAC; send me an email at:

jerrybaumchen(at)verizon(dot)net

and I'll try to get something to you.

JerryBaumchen