didi_br

Help with Flexon main risers

Hi Folks,
I received a Flexon to repack the reserve, but it was the first time that i packed one Flexon.
After the reserve pack job and packed the main i got confused. How is the way to do the main canopy`s risers? are they pass all the way out from the reserve`s container to the 3 ring? Don`t they have a cover?
if you have a pic that show how is the way to do, please send me it.
i will apreciate.
thanks

Both me and MY rigger have these containers... HOWEVER our risers STOW DIFFERENTLY from each other and they are seperated in build dates by only 3-4 numbers.... Meaning mine was built just 3 or 4 containers before/after his was....

Hit me back if you need some help....

dannydan...

First, Flexon main risers are supposed to be packed with the toggles facing outboard. They are one of the few containers designed with main toggles facing outboard.

Secondly, there was a factory program to rebuild the earliest Flexons to a later - and simpler configuration. The difference was in the extra bump on the main riser cover (alongside the reserve container) and an extra, square tuck tab. Later Flexons eliminated those two feature to simplify main packing.
The program was called "Tuck Tab Tune Up." It was free back in the mid-1990s. Trust me, I rebuild dozens of early Flexons while working at R.I.