Miami

Atlanta jumpers - which dz?

I'm going to be down in Atlanta, specifically staying in Mableton (west side just outside of the 407 loop), this weekend for a friends wedding...It looks like Skydive the Farm will be the closest dz to where I'll be, is that correct? Any other fun dz's I can visit while I'm down?
Thanks!
Miami

I would say that it depends on what you are looking for.

SDA in Thomaston is a little further away but they have a Fast King Air and some great Freeflyers (They have a other jumpers too but they are known primarily as a Freefly DZ).

ASC in Cedartown - Without getting into the whole Skyride debate.. There are some really cool people that jump there.

The Farm - (About 2 miles from ASC) This is the one I would suggest. Not your typical DZ as it is not on an Airport. Beautiful 55 acre Private Farm, Great Planes (Porter, Caravan and Grand Caravan), Two Swoop Ponds, Super friendly laid back attitude, Nice Mix of Freeflyers, RW and Swoopers.

I call SDA home, but The Farm is a kickin ass place.
I have some great friends there, and some awsome times.

SDA has a cookout every Saturday, its not free, but is $10 at the door for a real meal.

at either place, if you stay after dark, the parties are amazing!

I have no doubts you would have a blast at either place.

if time is a sensitive issue (considering your location) I would go to The Farm, BUT we always like to see new faces at Skydive Atlanta!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865