kingbunky

my cow-orker got a hole-in-one

what's he on about? i thought that meant he'd stepped on a nail, but he seemed too happy for it to have meant he'd ruined a pair of boots. [unsure].
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

What the heck is a cow-orker?

I don't think he should be bragging that he knows someone who orks cows. That just sounds nasty. :|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

sorry, should have put tags in there.

cow-orker: it's a dilbert thing. co-worker....never mind

i know what a hole-in-one is, i was trying (in vain apparently) to make a joke.

i don't know if he's a funny pants type golfer, but he has the short, overweight, balding, middle-aged thing down.

i'll go back to my self-imposed banishment from bonfire now.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Ah...sorry, I don't read Dilbert. Don't go away just because we're clueless! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

sorry, should have put tags in there.

i know what a hole-in-one is, i was trying (in vain apparently) to make a joke.

i don't know if he's a funny pants type golfer, but he has the short, overweight, balding, middle-aged thing down.

i'll go back to my self-imposed banishment from bonfire now.

I feel like such a tard now... :| I'm gonna have to flog myself again... Thanks :S>:(:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Its a golf thing it means he got the ball to go in the hole with one stroke (i.e. off the T)... Kind of like a strike in bowling only a helluva lot less common... :D

I would equate a strike in bowling to a par in golf. An average/good bowler should get at least a few each game, as an average/good golfer should get a few pars a round. A hole in one in golf would be more like a perfect game in bowling. You just don't see it much, and almost no average/good golfer or bowler will get one.

I would equate a strike in bowling to a par in golf.

It was the best analogy I could come up with on short notice... and then not only is the guy being sarcastic... but now I'm being told that my analogy sucks... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Interestingly, a hole-in-one is a lot more common than a perfect game in bowling.

Interestingly, there are a lot more semi-serious golfers than bowlers. Stats are relative.

But for the average/good golfer or bowler, they are lucky if they ever get a hole in one or perfect game in their entire life. THAT'S how it equates.

Interestingly, a hole-in-one is a lot more common than a perfect game in bowling.

Do you have the stats on that or are you just guessing?
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I'd be surprised. I've heard of people getting 2 and 3 perfect games in a row, but never a golfer hitting 2 or 3 aces in a row.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'd be surprised. I've heard of people getting 2 and 3 perfect games in a row, but never a golfer hitting 2 or 3 aces in a row.

Blues,
Dave

Sure there have been! Just go watch the movie Happy Gilmore! He got a hole in one on a par 4! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

An 800 series in bowling (800 total for three consecutive games) is actually a lot more difficult and less common than a single perfect 300 game...

And in golf, the double eagle (3 under par! a two on a par five hole!) is way more rare than the 'ace', or hole in one...

Me... on a bad day, my golf and bowling scores are interchangable... is that a good thing? :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Me... on a bad day, my golf and bowling scores are interchangable... is that a good thing? :P

It depends on how low your bowling score is... :D

I average about 100-120 either way. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban