Rainbo

Drinkin' & old pictures

So I was sitting here drinking buy myself which I never do and I started cleaning some old stuff out of some drawers. I found a couple of old pictures that Nancy Dwyer took of my old 4 way team at the Nationals in '84. Looking at it I guess I have changed a little in the years since, and not. My old friends are Jeanne Grivas, ;), Dianne Burnhardt, and Bill Jerling. I hope they are all still doing great and wishing I had stayed in touch better. OK sentimental shit over, just thought I'd share.:)I also need to get better at scanning old pictures but I could not get them down to a I could atach with out losing some quality[:/]
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I'm pretty sure that I will never see a waistline like that on me again. I do miss the days of the dusty Muskogee airfield. And I most certainly miss those DC-3 rides. No matter how late you stayed up you could catch on your sleep with rides to altitude;)
Rainbo
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

He did a few shows with us back in the day but not recently. I have kind of lost track of what he is up to these days. Funny how a few drinks can get you to thinking about old friends.
Rainbo

He did a few shows with us back in the day but not recently. I have kind of lost track of what he is up to these days. Funny how a few drinks can get you to thinking about old friends.

RAINBO'S D. D. ALERT!:ph34r:

For some reason he really looks familiar.

Mid West Boy Too???

Might have run into him way back when...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Wisconsin, we all jumped at East Troy back then. It is likely you ran into him when you were stomping around these parts. And be careful I still have your number and not just for when I am stranded in Houston:P
Rainbo

Wisconsin, we all jumped at East Troy back then. It is likely you ran into him when you were stomping around these parts. And be careful I still have your number and not just for when I am stranded in Houston:P

Not a bad DZ to jump at ;):ph34r:
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I just forwarded this link to Bill and Jeanne. Seen Bill this past Wedsnesday night. He's doing well.
Remember the damn clumps?
How about "Curs, Bad and Bad Light."?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Oh man, did we have fun with those beer names as spoke by the waitresses in OK. " well, we got Curs, Bad, and Bad light" :D:D:D

Thanks for forwarding them the link, hopefully we can get toghether for some drinks.
Rainbo

Looking at the pic, before having read the rest of the thread, I thought it looked like Muskogee.
Laughed when you mentioned "catching up on your sleep" on the way to altitude. My brother and I drove from NW Louisiana to Muskogee for the Nationals in 1982. Left Thursday night sometime, got lost for awhile...and finally showed up as they were manifesting the first load. We figured as early as it was, it would take them awhile to fill it, so we manifested and headed over to set up our tent. Soon as we dumped it on the ground they gave the "15 min call"......Crap....no sleep dive.
Had around 50 jumps at the time, so I wasn't cool enough to get any sleep on the way up;)(skeered)
Had mucho fun in freefall,smooth opening... reached up to unstow the brakes...and as I pulled down, the right toggle and about 5 feet of brand new steering line came off in my hand:|
Had just got the kite back from McElfish (sp?)...wrapped the other line around my hand and landed with a riser and a toggle...walked straight into the manuf tent with all my stuff still on, and right up to the McElfish table...The fella remembered the kite, and frowned when I showed him the broken line. He said "dont worry , I'm gonna fix it for free" I said "thats cool, but I've only been here an hour and I got four days of jumpin left" He smiled and said "I'm gonna fix that too!".....handed me a brand new kite to use for the rest of the boogie.

Dang Rainbo...I'm not even drinking and'ya got me thinking bout the ole days:)