elias123

Quick question about webbed gloves

I know a couple jumpers that (at least used to) swear by them for bigway RW (for outside slots of course). They said they helped with fallrate range and tracking.

I have jumped with webbed gloves and didn't have any trouble with them (and I was worried about grasping my hackey and my toggles and everything). I had a problem with going low on bigger ways and borrowed some webbed gloves. They do help tremendously with fall rate adjustment, and allow you to slow down when coming in to dock.

That being said, I decided to buy some "gaters" or sleeves that would add some extra drag on my arms instead of the gloves to help me slow down. But by the time the sleeves were delivered I had spent some time in the tunnel and lots of jumps working on my fall rate. I've never worn the sleeves or webbed gloves since, and haven't needed to.

From my experience, I would focus on learning how to fly your body instead of relying on accessories. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Well yeah, but if I bought them, I'd probably only use 'em for trackingjumps. I know that it probably won't make much of a difference, but still. And IF I bought them, I'd still not use them until I'm very current.

I think you need to admit to yourself that these are a nifty accessory that you don't need.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

lol, Of course I don't 'need' them. What would I use 'em for, I have only 65 jumps. I just 'want' them. :) They look cool, although they seem to be of no/little good use at all apparently. And the little use that they do have is something that I could not make use of and is not relevant at my current level of expierience I think.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

You can find a skydiving version on paragear.
http://paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=148&parent=6&level=2
I'm not a big fan of gloves.
Without gloves I can give myselft a pin check right before exit by feeling the position of the closing loop on the pin. With gloves this thing is harder to do, for me at least.

Yeah but gloves help you to keep skin on your hands. Especially important after a story that J told me at a boogie last year. Something about seeing the flesh being scraped off of someones hands
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192