monkey1031

Can anyone help with SEO?

basically he wants to bump up the web page on the google search results so he gets more hits, instead of coming up on page 10 he want page 1..........
assuming thats what he means by seo
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

SE0 is "single ended zero" which is the packet delimiter physical state on a USB bus. It indicates the end of a packet, and is created by forcing both lines low (normally an illegal condition on a differential bus.) A long SE0 forces a bus reset.

Maybe, if we knew what "SEO" was.

just a guess, search engine optimization

Oh. It looked like a three-letter airport code to me. But I don't know what robots would be doing there...

damn guess we were both wrong
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Google ignores meta keywords, pretty much all other search engines use them.

The best way to improve your ranking is to have good content, and have other people link to you.

From Google:

PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page's value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves "important" weigh more heavily and help to make other pages "important."

Hope that helps a bit :)

The best way to improve your ranking is to have good content, and have other people link to you.

Now there's a wise man. There are almost as many 'tricks' out there as there are web sites and this is still the single most important thing you can do.

There are a lot of other things you should do, and not do - as Google will also penalize you when it spots one of the many tricks. I'm sure there will be people here who offer to make it happen for you. As with skydiving, get the basics right and be careful about who you take advice from...including myself. ;)

If you are willing to pay, but not break the bank, consider talking to someone like Eric Wolfram. At least read some of his writings.

For entertainment, read Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO Blog. He's got an inside view of Google and will bombard you with a combination of good stuff an BS. You be the filter.

Have fun!
Safe swoops
Sangiro