Rookie120

A used car salesman called me a liar!

I have been car shopping for more than a month now. I finaly found what I was looking for. It was a demo model with 4000 miles but loaded to the gills. But they tried to get me in it at a new price. So after 4 days of haggling with the sales man I called the bank got my loan at 8.75% financing. They told me and ran the numbers that they could give me 8.5% if I go through them. I agreed and the salesman stepped out and the finance guy entered. Things went downhill from there. He tried to stick me at 9.5% and gave me $500 less than agreed from my trade in. I got pissed got the salesman back in the room and told him what was going on. He told me to just go through my bank because they could not give me 8.5%. I told him we agreed to the price and that he was trying to pull a fast one on me. He then called me a liar because he said I could get the financing from my bank that cheap because they dont do used cars that way. I ended up walking out and found the best deal yet. Saved me about $9,000 on a better package. But I felt bad because a man who makes a living trying to fuck people like he was trying to do me called me a liar. I must have done something good. Anybody else have any good stories about buying cars?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I am more appalled that you agreed to aloan with 8.75% interest. You need a credit union, man.

That the best I could do with my bank on a used car. On my final deal I ended up with a 8.1% and yes I think I need a credit union. I will work on that in my next place after I move myself out of the south back to Colorado.

To make a long story short, I bought a 2006 Honda Civic EX and got the salesman for free. :o

I basically told the guy I get what I want and not to fuck around with me since I already had financing through my credit union, and all I was there to do was to buy a car... A car that I had been researching for months before that. Then, after I got the car, I told him that I wanted to thank him since he was bitching about how low his commission check was for my car and I seriously put him through hell with the whole car buying process. So, I went to his house (a few times) and showed him a good time. :o He still swears regardless of what I think, I got the BEST possible deal on that Honda. :S I guess that's what you get for fucking your salesman. :D:o

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Yeah, my credit union gave me 4.9% and I think the rate currently goes from 4.74% to 6.99%.

Even on a used car that low of interest? I could get that on a new car but not used. Hell for how much cheaper I got this thing for since this guy has to unload it or bad things would happen I could afford a point higher. I just couldnt get that low on a use car and I looked for a while.

Yeah, my credit union gave me 4.9% and I think the rate currently goes from 4.74% to 6.99%.

Even on a used car that low of interest? I could get that on a new car but not used. Hell for how much cheaper I got this thing for since this guy has to unload it or bad things would happen I could afford a point higher. I just couldnt get that low on a use car and I looked for a while.

Yeah, PSECU is a damn fine credit union.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I am in the used car business and have been for 13 years. I have been lied to and mistreated by the customer WAY more than I have ever seen a salesman treat them.

Last time I checked, car dealers are in the business to make money. Somehow, that gets viewed as "trying to fuck people." I can honestly say that I have never walked out to wait on a customer with the intention of fucking them over or lying to them to make money. And I know alot more about this end of the business than most, and I hardly ever see the things going on that people claim salesman are always doing.

The lying and mistreating almost always comes from the other side of the desk.

Yeah, PSECU is a damn fine credit union.

It has EVERYTHING to do with your credit score. Everyone doesn't get the same rate. I have customers who qualify for 4.9% on a used car and customers who get 12.9%.

my wife and i did research on our new car. found the blue book dealer price for the make, model, milage, options for our car. a true honest offer. not tryint to fuck anyone over. yes it was lower than what they were selling it for. I went in there with the mentality that it is very easy for us to walk out the door. We gave the guy the offer....he got pissed. then went off. then huffed and puffed...walked out the door to talk to his "manager". then came back in and only shook my wifes hand. she did no negotiation at all. This guy refused...absolutely refused to shake my hand...even when I stuck my hand out. We did buy the car. THEN they even got more pissed when we said we were going to pay CASH for our pacifica. :S:S:S:S:S:S

I despise car salesmen....

good thing about being a fireman....just about everyone loves us.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I am in the used car business and have been for 13 years. I have been lied to and mistreated by the customer WAY more than I have ever seen a salesman treat them.

See?? You are lying right now!!!;)

'Nuff said.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

For every one story you have, I can tell ten. So, by your rationale, I guess I should despise car buyers. And since you despise all car salesmen because of your experiences with one, then you are pretty small-minded. That would mean youdespise me, and you have never even met me. Nice.

Funny that we're both members of that CU and we both live way down here. My mom lives in PA and used to be a state employee, and children of members are eligible to be members, so here I am.

Seriously sweet loan deals through PSECU. I'm keeping my account open for that reason alone.

Elvisio "too bad I can afford the payment even with a sweet interest rate" Rodriguez

Lol...wanna' buy a used car?? Lol...

In the process of buying one, but thanks. :P

I'm in negotiation with a guy for his red Honda Del Sol. I guess I'm addicted to Hondas right now. I can't get enough. :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'm not saying they are all bad. Just this guy said we could make a deal then tried to give me less for my trade in then we agreed to and tack on another 900 on the car. Then the interest rate is what chapped my ass. But hey it was an experience at least. Very frustrating when it happened but I can already look back at it and laugh.

Lol...wanna' buy a used car?? Lol...

In the process of buying one, but thanks. :P

I'm in negotiation with a guy for his red Honda Del Sol. I guess I'm addicted to Hondas right now. I can't get enough. :P

I have a honda for sale want to come over to my house and "Haggle" !!! :o :ph34r: :ph34r:
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!