adrenalinejunki

Barking dog?

The problem with physical punnishment for a dog is that they aren't a kid... (not that I'm condoning or not condoning corp punishment) when you spank a child you can tell the child that "I'm spanking you because you did this..."

With a dog you can't explain why they are being hit... and most of the time they don't understand what they've done wrong to warrent the punishment...

a good example... the only time you should say no to a dog that is making a mess in the house is if you actually catch them in the act of going to the bathroom... in any other situation the dog will not have any clue why they're being punished...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Which is why I only do it when he barks. If he barks and I walk out to bust his ass, I wait until he does it again so he gets a smack on the ass seconds after each bark just so he will know why he is getting it. I have had lots of dogs and experience teaching them. He is just stubborn as hell but I am doing my best.[:/]

So, he barks and you come... he may put up with the beatings because he knows he'll get to see you, which is probably what he wants.
He's trained you... Papa comes when I bark.. job done.

Try giving him something else to do, toys, a radio... one of your old jumpers (smells of you).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

a friend of mine had really good results with a citronella collar. every time the dog barks, it sprays citronella toward their face and for some reason dogs hate that. as far as my golden goes, most behavior problems were solved when some friends of ours got a golden puppy. we make sure that the dogs get to spend at least 2 days a week together and even more if possible. watch the dog whisperer on national geographic channel, that guy does some amazing things with dogs.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com