shaiziel

I will explode if I don't find something to do between now and AFF

My birthday on Tuesday will be the last interesting thing (save getting a raise at work) between now and the time I take AFF that I can foresee and plan on.

Any suggestions on how to fill the time for the next 4 months??? The boredom is killing me.

Note: Answers should not have anything to do with girls or sex. ;)
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

I should start to franchise parts of this board out to other post whores, give everyone thier own territory.

After an extensive training program in selecting the most useless crap from the internet I would hand our your little sector of this board to call your own.

Ovbiously I'm going to act like the illuminati so should you be killed or captured (looking at skymama) then I shall disacknowledge all your actions!

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I should start to franchise parts of this board out to other post whores, give everyone thier own territory.

Will you be issuing little badges too? :P

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Don't have the raise yet. I plan on getting one within 2 months.

I'm definitely thinking to do some tunnel time one weekend. But I would rather save it for a time closer to when I intend on going through AFF.
6.8% - Almost there!

INMHO....do as much as you can now. It will speed up AFF and you will be a better jumper as a result of it.

You won't forget what you learn. Do the tunnel time know and you will greeze through AFF. At least the flying stuff. Canopy control will still take real jumps to figure out.
Dom

Yeah! I agree with dg. What you learn up there, [or in a tunnel] is like learning on a bike. It may be hard at first, or it may not depending on who you are. But it is something that you will never forget. Hell, I have months in between my jumps due to my occupation, but I still remember exactly what happened on each jump.

Im with DG. Take the tunnel time now. If nothing else, it will help pass the time

that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

My birthday on Tuesday will be the last interesting thing (save getting a raise at work) between now and the time I take AFF that I can foresee and plan on.

Any suggestions on how to fill the time for the next 4 months??? The boredom is killing me.

Note: Answers should not have anything to do with girls or sex. ;)

These come highly recommended by many for passing time:

amazon.com
- "JUMP!"
- "Parachuting: The Skydiver's Handbook" (this one is better for AFF'ers)

bigairsportz.com
- "Brian Germain's The Parachute And Its Pilot"
(Although I'd recommend that latter one for an A licensee -- it's still kind of advanced stuff)

- "Parachuting: The Skydiver's Handbook" (this one is better for AFF'ers)

Awesome book! I highly recommend it! I learned so much more from it than I did during my AFF.

But I don't think it will help with my tandem video watching, and frequent random urges throughout the day to go jump out of a plane.

About every 15 minutes or so, I start to go crazy in anticipation. :S
6.8% - Almost there!

another thing you can do [something i really love to do when i cant jump myself] is SkydivingMovies.com

Just go watch a bunch of videos

2 words about tunnel time, muscle memory. I have no idea how to do the stuff I do in the tunnel, my body remembers and I just feel/do it. Canopy-flight's another ballgame altogether :S.

**Edit to add: Tunnel time was essential to surviving AFF. You get to practice without a rig or altitude-awareness.