jumpjunkie2004

Have you ever paid cash for a brand new car?

So, I've sold my soul to the devil - yet again.

That silly devil isn't a very good record keeper - it's like the 10th time : )

I'm doing accounting contract work for jump money. It's is about as fun as plowing mud.

Anyway,

I just entered the details regarding the cash purchase of a vehicle. $50,287.63 - Wow!

I don't think I will ever be able to write out a check like that without feeling the pain : (

Have you every made a cash purchase that large???

If so, are you interested in adopting me?
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Many years ago I had a Girlfriend that did. She paid full sticker too.

She was a very typical Hippy Type Chick. Always wearing tye-dye skirts, no shoes, never makeup or anything.

Well she pulls into a Honda Dealership in her VW Camper Van and goes in to look at a new CRX that was inside the show room. She has trouble getting the sales people to help her. They just keep ignoring her. Finally she goes up to the receptionist and asks for the Sales Manager. He comes out and she points to the Window Sticker and says is this price right?? He said yes Plus Tax and fees. She asked what does that come to?? He gave her a number, she pulled out her check book and wrote a check, handed it to him and told to go get her Keys.. Oh and your sales people are Assholes.

She has inherited ALOT of money a few months before that. Money would never be a problem for her in her lifetime.

I wouldn't feel good about buying a brand new car cash or not. Even if I was a millionaire, I'd still have guilt about it. The depreciation you take is just flushing money down the toilet.

You should see the look on people's faces when they come to trade in their 4 year old Cadillac Escalade with 52 thousand miles and sales managers say they'll give them 23K for the SUV they paid close to 60k for. It's much more amusing with the people that financed over 5-7 years.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

In the UK anything bought for cash over £5000 (roughly $8000) has to be declared to the Inland Revenue to make sure you are not a money launderer.

Not good if your accounting practices are designed to save you paying tax as they dig deep.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

My family builds large, custom homes that start at $400,000 and go up. It always amazes me that there are people in this world that can pay cash for them! Most of them got rich in the stock market. Man, I wish I had that knowledge.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've never had a brand new car. Don't think I want one either; if someone other than me were to scratch it, I'd have to kill them..

I never thought of myself as a new car person, but for one reason or another I always end up with new cars and it absolutely sucks when you get the first scratch : (
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

True story...

My parents bought their first house...they carried a 30 yr mortgage. They paid the house off in 7 yrs...my father never went to work with more then a dime in his pocket, for those emergency phone calls...you know, "just in case'.

They owned three houses including the first one. The last two they paid cash for and their beach home they paid cash for and sold it about 5 yrs ago. Their cars? Paid cash. My father has been retired now from RCA for about 16 yrs. They both collect SS and my dad took a lump sum on his retirement fund...they do not do "without" but they live sensibly so that me and my siblings have a small forturne when they kick the bucket. ;):D

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I paid cash when I bought my Porsche. It was the easiest sale ever. I had researched what they were selling for at the time, and due to supply/demand, they were selling for sticker. I walked into the dealership, and the entire conversation went like this:

Me (pointing to car): "I'd like to get one of these."
Salesman: "Do you want to pay above or below sticker?"
Me: "Below."
Salesman: "How about $500 off, and I'll throw in a car cover."
Me: "It's a deal."

That was it.

A few months ago I was looking for another car, and walked into the Mercedes dealership with cash in hand (my checkbook). I had researched the cars, and knew what I wanted. Nobody talked to me. Granted, I was wearing old shorts and a t-shirt, driving a '97 Honda Accord (third car). Still, I refused to chase down a salesman just to give them my money. I found another dealership.

Would I buy a new car if I had to finance it? No. Cars aren't good investments, paying interest on a loan just makes them worse.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Right out of college I paid CASH...as in handed the man the wad...for a brand new Triumph TR-8.

I had been 'rat-holing' money all through school and when I actually got a 'real' job I just HAD to splurge.:$

I was a bit of an entrepreneur college student but didn't HAVE a bank account, since most of my 'business ventures' were...um...CASH ONLY!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~