sraja

Magnets all over

I was reading this month's edition of the British equivalent of Parachutist - 'Skydive the Mag' and I noticed something interesting. A European equipment manufacturer (Seven???) has created a new container system with several magnets. Magnetic riser covers, magnetic pull out pudd, magnetic d-bag. I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually jumped one of these on a regular basis and what their experience was.

I have magnetic riser covers on my Vector and I love them from a packing standpoint and also from a deployment standpoint. Thanks in advance for your insight.

The name of the rig is Advance Seven, the company is Basik Air Concept (France), I am the company owner and we are making H/C since 98 and canopies since 2003. We start delivering the first Seven a month ago. You can get in touch with us at [email protected]
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

I have magnetic riser covers on my Vector and I love them from a packing standpoint and also from a deployment standpoint. Thanks in advance for your insight. ***

You don't mind that they look like some sort of prototype?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Was browsing your website - absolutely beautiful!! Do you ship out demos to the US? Just curious to know - I just brought a new container and wont be changing this year at least. And your prices are pretty high for US customers. Nevertheless, these rigs are very pretty and seem to have interesting innovations.

Thank you for your comments. Rigging Solutions will be our distributor for USA. Concerning prices, sure, the change rate between Euro and USD is not the best right now, but we will have competitive prices anyway for the US market. It might be introduce end of this year.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr

I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually jumped one of these on a regular basis and what their experience was.

Didn't get to jump the one Claude Tzifanszki (spelling ?? sorry Claude) brought to our DZ a couple of weeks ago.

Looks super sweet.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I was reading this month's edition of the British equivalent of Parachutist - 'Skydive the Mag' and I noticed something interesting. A European equipment manufacturer (Seven???) has created a new container system with several magnets. Magnetic riser covers, magnetic pull out pudd, magnetic d-bag. I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually jumped one of these on a regular basis and what their experience was.

I have magnetic riser covers on my Vector and I love them from a packing standpoint and also from a deployment standpoint. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Id love to see how the magnets all over the rig affect the aad? And if the manufacturers tested this before they released the system? I wonder if there was any misfire on a rig with magnetic flap systems would the aad manufacturer be quick to blame the magnets. I personally would like to see all the aad manufacturers work with the rig manufacturers and safely test this system before it was sold to the public.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Id love to see how the magnets all over the rig affect the aad? And if the manufacturers tested this before they released the system? I wonder if there was any misfire on a rig with magnetic flap systems would the aad manufacturer be quick to blame the magnets. I personally would like to see all the aad manufacturers work with the rig manufacturers and safely test this system before it was sold to the public.

This has been done with the colaboration of AAD manufacturers, do not worry.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr

Hmmmm... might work... but I have to admit, this reminds me of the "all Velcro" rig from years past... and we know how that worked out...
:S

.... I personally would like to see all the aad manufacturers work with the rig manufacturers and safely test this system before it was sold to the public.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hee!
Hee!

You need to go ask Ted Strong about all the test drops he has done with Argus and Vigil over the past year.

Hee!
Hee

.... I personally would like to see all the aad manufacturers work with the rig manufacturers and safely test this system before it was sold to the public.

Was he testing a magnetic riser/flap system? If so cool.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hee!
Hee!

You need to go ask Ted Strong about all the test drops he has done with Argus and Vigil over the past year.

Hee!
Hee

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Please tell us more about your magnets.
Are they discs - like Booth's?
Are they flexible strips?
How many gaus?
Do you use different strength magnets in different components?
How many layers of Cordura can you wrap around your magnets and still have them hold riser covers?

Rob,

I'll give you info via mp next week when back to work. My brain is so small I cannot keep all these infos into it:P

Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr