waltappel

Another raccoon pic

As long as we're on the subject of nature photos, here's a pic of one of the killdeer that used to nest in my parents' backyard every year. ;)

It looks like a furry penguin....I wonder how it tastes? Anyone?
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Get some of those sardines that are packed in mustard sauce. Open the can and you will have more than you can count.

When the trashcan gets tipped over too many times, they get relocated to a better neighborhood with better trash.

They seem to find the sardines irresistable.

Raccoons are some hilarious animals. You might think they are really smart. I have seen evidence to the contrary. When I lived in Cleveland I was over at a friend's house BBQing. All he had was one of those small charcoal grills. He had seen this HUGE raccoon peering around the corner of the garage. It had obviously smelled grilling steaks and figured he might like some. We are both standing out there wearing guns (We were cops at the time) because this freakin thing wasn't taking no for an answer. I kept tossing rocks at him trying to get him to leave. Only seemed to piss him off. :D Well......we get done grilling and take everything inside. Of course the top goes back on the grill. We weren't inside maybe 1-2 minutes and we hear and awful SHRIEK from outside. Seems this raccoon wanted to get in the grill at the wonderful and tasty stuff that MUST be in there. I guess he didn't know that cooking fires produce heat. :D He tried to take the top off the grill and apparently burned his paws good. :D Jackass!

Poor baby.

I thought it was hilarious and he deserved it. The neighbors were too stupid to put their trash inside the garage. Every night that damn coon would spread it ALL OVER the yard. Maybe the neighbors needed a good hand burning too. That was at least HALF their fault. :D I wish someone would issue me stupid people tags so I could thin the gene pool! :D

As long as we're on the subject of nature photos, here's a pic of one of the killdeer that used to nest in my parents' backyard every year. ;)

Can they really kill a deer ?

I don't know about deer. But, I've seen them kill a few dogs. Crazy little demon animal if you ask me.

edit to add: Yeah, note to self....read the WHOLE thread before posting. I was talking about the Coon...not the bird. :|B|

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

I don't know about deer. But, I've seen them kill a few dogs. Crazy little demon animal if you ask me.

edit to add: Yeah, note to self....read the WHOLE thread before posting. I was talking about the Coon...not the bird. :|B|

They are indeed dangerous animals. I'm around them a lot and love 'em, but the one time I have had to fuck with an angry raccoon gave me a very healthy respect for them.

I have on two occasions seen my cat scrap with a small raccoon and no longer let her outside when I'm feeding them.

Walt

And she's still alive? That's one tough cat.

She's fine. She's not all that tough, but she's *extremely* arrogant. She's royalty and thinks she owns those fucking raccoons. She fucks with them just to show them who's boss.

On one occasion there were several raccoons eating, including a yearling alpha male. She intentionally walked behind them really closely just to make them nervous.

The alpha got really pissed off and came after her, approaching her by climbing a slope. Zoe the cat just sat there giving the raccoon a snooty look. The raccoon was furious. When the raccoon got near Zoe, there were claws and teeth flying everywhere and screaming, but they did not actually make contact. The raccoon then tumbled down the slope. Poor raccoon--it really was comical.

The raccoon came back for another round but finally gave up and walked away. Zoe had again stood her ground and was quite pleased with herself.

Another time, Zoe was with me when I went to feed the raccons and she immediately went to the raccoon path and sat in the middle of the path facing the direction the raccoons come from. She knew *exactly* what she was doing and was just fucking with them.

A raccoon came along and Zoe sat there in the path, refusing to move. Once again it was teeth and claws flying and screaming, but no contact. The angry raccoon finally walked around Zoe to get to the food. Again, she was obviously very pleased with herself.

Damn cat!

Walt