mdrejhon

Rainbow Boogie 2006 -- World's First Gay Day at a Skydiving Dropzone (Montreal, July 28-31)

Should we have a contest for the worst passport picture?

Oh HELL no!!

Nontheless, we need ideas on the contests for winning prizes that some of our sponsors will be giving us. Like the gift certificates towards a new rig, etc.

It needs to be fair to the newbies and novices too, or we need multiple classes (novice class, expert class) for separate prizes.

Maybe an "ugliest rig" contest, as one of the contests? Everyone would get to vote! ;)

Ideas welcome! I know Kirsten Johnson will have some things planned. We will all be brainstorming about this a little bit later on, but we're also keeping a list of new ideas.

we need ideas on the contests

How about a raffle? $5/ticket and donate the money to a worthy gay organization or maybe even one of the USPA's funds.

We should have a contest, too, but no drag! So cliche!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

$5/ticket

How about the raffles where you buy a strip of tickets for $20?

One I went to sold an inseam-length (for guys) or a bust-circumference (for the chicks.) If I remember right the winner was a woman with -- well, how do I put this? -- with an extraordinary advantage.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I think I have that one sewn up.

I thought you had a wife and kids Alex...are you coming out of the closset?

If closetted then I'm so far back that there's snow everywhere and the pervasive smell of lion shit.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

How about a friendly precision landing competition?

We don't have to go all the way with the matress target and all but just a big bullseye and 5 points per cercle. This could be a very good landing practice for newbies and everybody could participate.
-------------------------------------------------
"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."
-- Oscar Wilde

How about a friendly precision landing competition?

We don't have to go all the way with the matress target and all but just a big bullseye and 5 points per cercle. This could be a very good landing practice for newbies and everybody could participate.

Certainly a good idea. We will need to keep everyone happy: Freeflyers, accuracy, CRW, RW.

Kirsten Johnson can take care of RW jumps (SCR's, 20-way), while someone else takes care of accuracy, etc. Another volunteer just recently offered to cover 4-ways (which could cover the novices and newbies). Volunteers will be needed to organize each sub-event at Rainbow Boogie. I will be having a meeting with Martin this month about this to cover some of this. Ideas and volunteers are welcome -- especially if you have instructing and load-organizing experience.

We want to make every Solo, A, B, C, D licensed jumper happy with this first of a kind event. :)
The logistics are complex but remember, Nouvel-Air hosted the Canadian Nationals so the organizing capacity is there!

I like the idea of a mix of thnigs -- some skill-related like accuracy, and some goofy like ugliest/scariest rig (I could win one of those, won't say which)

Mostly I am all about the GSCR's. Or, I guess to be PC we should call them the GLBTSCR's. Or maybe we could just do QSCR's? I like that so much better... so inclusive. Anyway, I am ALMOST current again (went out to the dz today to see the new plane but only managed to repack my main after 1 1/2 years, wow that was some SCARY brick-like nylon in there, I didn't even know canopies could hold their S-folds unassisted, hanging in the air, or make that crunchy sound) and should be current soon and then I will save myself for the first QSCR load...

So if Kirsten is organizing them, I can bribe her by promising to finally bring her a copy of the video from the old Tri-Angels meeting ... :-) ( I didn't forget, just procrastinated beyond the point of no return)

How about an old fashioned "Hit and Chug" contest on the last load of every day?

We don't have to do drag but we can certainly do a lingerie jump...

Of course in the evenings there's always the Booze Luge - not necessarily a contest but a cool way to take a shot.

The ugliest rig contest was already run by the guy who hijacked John Rich's avatar which features a brown, orange, red and white Racer with a ripcord (no shit) deplyoment system. I still love you Mr. Rich even if your gear makes me cringe ;)

I'm sure Mark and I can come up with something. After all, aren't we all here for the entertainment?

. . .we need ideas on the contests for winning prizes . . .

How about a wet jock strap contest :|

Good thing it's warm in July - the "shrinkage factor" from temperature could make that contest a bust, otherwise!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

temperature could make that contest a bust, otherwise!

If I decide to go to this shindig in Montreal.. I will handle the "bust" portion;)

I think the guys should wear silk jockstraps.....hey.. they may not play.. but it would be fun to see:ph34r:

Hi,

Martin and I have finished with most of the French-language translation of the RainbowSkydive.com website. However, it is not public yet. This is mainly for Quebec, where the dropzone is located. (Don't worry, a lot of Montreal is bilingual, and a lot of the dropzone staff too!)

If you are someone who can read French (Canadian). let me know do a little proofreading for comments, it would be very much appreciated. Send me a PM for the web address!

If you are someone who can read French (Canadian). let me know do a little proofreading for comments, it would be very much appreciated. Send me a PM for the web address!

You can always ask Remi. He bothers me on IM all day while I'm trying to work hard all day long, so I know he has plenty of time to kill. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon