pre7117

Sabre II & Spectre

Why do you "high time" skydivers leave such antagonistic remarks? Give the guy some slack man. The guy is asking for some help. Your comment ripcord4 clearly was meant to antagonize or at the very least was a belittlement. Why?

My answer was to save his life. He started out correctly by asking the manufacturer. When he didn't get the answer he wanted, he started fishing here in this Forum for someone to tell him it was okay. He's not looking for help - he's looking for someone to validate his bad idea.

I was told my Mirage that the canopy will fit and it would be loose. They told me that my container could have stretched and to try a canopy in it to make sure that it would fit properly. I was not told dont do it and was not told that it wont fit. I am not looking for validation, I am doing what the manufacturer suggested.
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

FWIW, I have a G3, M5 with a Spectre 190 and a PD193R. The 190 is a tight fit, especially the way I pack. I also have a Vigil in it. I checked the Mirage site, and the combination I have is listed as not recommended?
Don't get it. I had my rigger measure me and order the rig. The rig fits me great and I do love the way the bridle is completly protected, but then again, I am really new.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

I was told my Mirage that the canopy will fit and it would be loose.

Before, you said: (bold added)

I was thinking about that and called Mirage and they told me a 170 Spectre will be too loose.

That one little word makes a world of difference.
Remster

Just because something can be done does not mean it is wise to do so. I have a Katana GSX 750 that will do 135 MPH but I don't drive it that fast. Always remember: there are old skydivers and there are bold skydivers - there are NO old, bold skydivers.

Why do you "high time" skydivers leave such antagonistic remarks? Give the guy some slack man. The guy is asking for some help. Your comment ripcord4 clearly was meant to antagonize or at the very least was a belittlement. Why?

My answer was to save his life. He started out correctly by asking the manufacturer. When he didn't get the answer he wanted, he started fishing here in this Forum for someone to tell him it was okay. He's not looking for help - he's looking for someone to validate his bad idea.

That's entirely possible. So why not tell him that in the first place?