missg8tordivr

SEMs

SEM is frickin' cool. Do you get to use any other sweet instruments? STEM/AFM/LEEM/TEM/XPS/RAMAN?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Worked with a TEM, XPS, Auger, when I was an undergrad. I mainly do thin film processing. E-beam and thermal evaporation, sputtering, RIE etching, chemical etching, Furnaces...that sort of thing. Our SEMs and the new ESEM are used mainly for direct writing, patterning of our devices....but we use it for testing too.
F LORIDA!

Worked with a TEM, XPS, Auger, when I was an undergrad. I mainly do thin film processing. E-beam and thermal evaporation, sputtering, RIE etching, chemical etching, Furnaces...that sort of thing. Our SEMs and the new ESEM are used mainly for direct writing, patterning of our devices....but we use it for testing too.

If I get money from the State for my Electron probe, you want a job as the operator??

;)
Scars remind us that the past is real

I don't think you can afford me my friend! ;)

Can we discuss this in that thread that I'm supposed to be giving you the slap down?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't think you can afford me my friend! ;)

you'd be surprised....

I wrote in a very generous salary for the tech...

:P

Hey now! If I can figure out how to fly a freakin plane, I'm sure I can figure out a SEM. How generous are we talking? :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

In the Carolinas huh?? Well what kind of stuff do you guys do? What type of tool do you have?

Heh - she said tool.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In the Carolinas huh?? Well what kind of stuff do you guys do? What type of tool do you have?

Back off Missy! You already turned him down. >:(

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The instrument is a JEOL JXA-8500F electron microprobe analyzer. It's basically an SEM with spectrometers hung on it so it can do WDS in addition to EDS.

I do mostly quantitative chemical analyses with it, the biologists are wanting to take pretty pics and the nano guys are wanting to do lithography (as well as pics).
Scars remind us that the past is real

The instrument is a JEOL JXA-8500F electron microprobe analyzer. It's basically an SEM with spectrometers hung on it so it can do WDS in addition to EDS.

I do mostly quantitative chemical analyses with it, the biologists are wanting to take pretty pics and the nano guys are wanting to do lithography (as well as pics).

Got access to google in the lab? If so I can finger out that shit. No problemo.. Just gota show me how to turn it on, and what all the knobs do.

Right on. We have an old Jeol 840, a FEG XL30, and a new Environmental FEG XL40. We don't have WDS on any of the scopes...but we do have EDAX for chem analysis. They are a lot of fun to play on.

I do know of a good lithography set up if you guys are interested in writing. NPGS, stands for Nanometer Pattern Generation Systems. Run by a guy named Joe Nabity. Interesting guy...very smart with his software.
F LORIDA!

We have an old Jeol 840, a FEG XL30, and a new Environmental FEG XL40. We don't have WDS on any of the scopes...but we do have EDAX for chem analysis.

We used to have one of those.. But always had problems aligning the Ultra-Lux on the Photon drive.. Then the BFG would disrupt the dilithuim crystals and everything would just go outa phase.

:P:D

We have an old Jeol 840, a FEG XL30, and a new Environmental FEG XL40. We don't have WDS on any of the scopes...but we do have EDAX for chem analysis.

We used to have one of those.. But always had problems aligning the Ultra-Lux on the Photon drive.. Then the BFG would disrupt the dilithuim crystals and everything would just go outa phase.

:P:D

I HATE when that happens :P:D
F LORIDA!