shaiziel

The only words I remember on the plane for my tandem.

I'm bored so excuse my threads from not quite making the bar in entertainment. I was just thinking.

Sitting next to Mike Mullins I was occasionally checking out the plane's altimeter and other instruments remembering my flight-sim days. At one point he looks over and says "Don't worry. Just know that whatever happens to you, I'll be ok."

:D

Good times.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

I just loved the irony of the statement. While I wasn't nearly as scared (see: at all) as I was pumped about jumping, it's still hilarious to tell someone, matter-of-factly, "Hey don't worry about me" as if that's who they are worrying about.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

that's always been a favorite of mine...

so from my first jump... I remember the conversation as we were approaching altitude... it went something like this...

AFFI: "Scott, All I want you to think about is the exit count and getting a good arch. If you try to think about any more then that you'll just mess yourself up."
Icon: "Ok..."
AFFI: "You have any questions?"
Icon: "Just one. Which way's down again?"

:D:D Its a wonder both of my AFFI's didn't let go of me on my 1st jump...

I know at least one of them did... (because he told me... :o) :D:D:D cause I was a bit of a smart ass... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My favorite quote given to me by my first AFF-I. After going over the skydive before gearing up [with my family standing there mind you] he said something along the lines of:

"... so if you do that, you should do just fine. And if not, well, thats why you signed the waiver!"

My entire family busted out laughing!

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus