AndyMan

Jumpsuit kneepads

What about knee pads that football pants use? They come in different sizes and thickness. They are closed foam, and usually sit in a pocket so they are removable. :D

Any sport authority or similar store should carry them.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Andy

You are from CSC - at summerfest, there is a EG suit tent. I saw some freefly pants with the very same thing you are looking for. These pants had some thick padding on the knees. If you get a chance stop by that tent and check them out.

My friend has an EG suit.

I don't think his pads are removable. Over time sweat gets sucked into the pads and it starts getting funky. I would make them removable so you can wash and or replace them.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

You can sew lightweight spandex (softer -- net can irritate) pockets into the knees and put the cheapest XL volleyball kneepads in there you can find. Cheapest because they'll be the flattest (i.e. least shaped to the knee), which is what you want when the jumpsuit isn't kneepad shaped.

Then you can take the pads out to replace, or to wash the jumpsuit.

A closed cell foam camping pad or exercise mat can also be modified to provide a nearly endless supply of kneepads.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, All have knee pads for various trades Roofers Tile-men Gardeners. Some have elastic adjustable bands or velcro. Real cheap too.You might get a pair and put on your jump suit and rig tightened/ Adjust the location and baste stitch from the out side with heavy matching thread. Give it a try and if it doesnt work your out $ 3.00.