Hambone

Pirates...130million...Really

Ha ha.

Actually I plan on seeing it this weekend, or this week. It looks awesome, and if it's even close to as good as the first it is worth the 8-10 bucks.

I think that is a pretty high number for the week it opened on. Think it could have made 20 mill more if it would have opened last weekend. IMHO.

beotch!!!:P
Skymama's #2 stalker -

its all about the marketing!

If a company with enough $ flooded the market with promises of a great big steaming pile of dog flop, had the right "spin" on the presentation, and did it with a frequency that made a buzz start about it. the herds would gather and go see it.

for example i submit:
the random billboards going up around Atlanta that began with. "I pooted", "My Boogers itch", etc. People were talking about them, now they have cartoon network stuff on them. I'll bet you that shows ratings have gone through the roof.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Yeah I was noticing that. I also heard that they will probably be releasing the next one in the next 3 weeks. It would stand to reason that if that many people went to see the second one then they would also go see the third one. I am excited about going to see it tomorrow.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

the random billboards going up around Atlanta that began with. "I pooted", "My Boogers itch", etc. People were talking about them, now they have cartoon network stuff on them. I'll bet you that shows ratings have gone through the roof.

awww....man! They were actually advertisements? I was fantasizing that someone with too much money was just having a little fun.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Yeah I was noticing that. I also heard that they will probably be releasing the next one in the next 3 weeks. It would stand to reason that if that many people went to see the second one then they would also go see the third one. I am excited about going to see it tomorrow.

There's a damn good reason for people to see the third one....but I'm not going to spoil it for you.

;)

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

My teenage son saw it and said it was better than the first. That's a pretty big compliment coming from him, he's hard to please when it comes to movies. I tried to go last night and it was sold out for 3 hours. I was really surprised because they had it showing in 2 theaters at the place and it was a Sunday night. I'm picking up my tickets this afternoon for tonight's showing. I'll let you know what I think later!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No they filmed the 2nd and 3rd at the same time. I am getting really excited, between That tomorrow night, the beach this weekend, and trivia tonight I am getting a little too excited for my own good.
That reminds me does anyone in atlanta want to goto Triva tonight? Vinnings, Padriacs 730. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

I saw it on Saturday - really enjoyed it.... some of the new characters are very interesting looking!!!! ;):D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No they filmed the 2nd and 3rd at the same time. I am getting really excited, between That tomorrow night, the beach this weekend, and trivia tonight I am getting a little too excited for my own good.
That reminds me does anyone in atlanta want to goto Triva tonight? Vinnings, Padriacs 730. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

we go to trivia on Tuesday night! :S
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

we go to trivia on Tuesday night! :S

So make an exception this week and go twice. I can't got tuesday this week as I am going to see Pirates. You know you want to. Plus Padriacs has GREAT ffood!

Oh my god man we don't want to hear how excited you are getting. That is just sick.

I heard they banned it from all the screens in GA anyway. Something about some lady thinking it makes kids want to be pirates just like harry potter makes kids want to worship satan.
So looks like you are SOL man. Should have gotten off your lazy butt this weekend before the crazy lady got her hands on it.

We all know that the steady decline of pirates can be directly linked to global warming. We need more pirates.

all hail the FSM!!

what now?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

nope got another engagement to go to this evening. If you want the hippie at your function, you gotta book in advance! :D

back on thread track. Ive just lost the desire to go to a movie in public. Every damn time I go and spend $10-12 on a ticket, 15$ on a coke, find a seat right in front of someone who wants to narrate the movie for everyone, two rows in front of a screaming baby and 5 rows behind the jackass that wont turn his constantly ringing cell phone off.
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD, then I can drink beer and stick my hand down my pants if I want to.
So dont go spoiling it for me! :P
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Could have been a little bit shorter, but still loved it.

Nooooo, short movies suck. I think the 2.5 hour length was good.

Also...I've heard the 3rd one is coming out in December, but I also heard that it's coming out next May. So who knows. The 2nd one was sweet as hell though. Make sure you stay until after the credits. They throw in a short scene like they did in the first movie.

You can stick you hands down your pants and drink in a theater, you just have to be a little sneakier about it. Next time i will book in advance as you say! But its worth it to me to go see it since i have been excited about the second movie since the first one came out.